In the film "
A similar scenario is playing out in the
Suddenly, the world awakens from its indifference. World leaders, who said little when Israeli civilians were wounded and killed, now urge "restraint" by "both sides," as if a moral equivalency exists between victim and predator.
In the run-up to confrontation, it has been reported that
Next comes the hand-wringing and suggestions that
And so the process replays.
Lewis noted that the Cold War featured "mutual assured destruction" (MAD), which served as a deterrent for both
Lewis argues for regime change in
Lewis, who has seen a lot in his nearly 100 years, believes the
In the meantime,
New terrorists will arrive. The cycle of war will repeat. It's a real-life "
- Cease-Fire and the New Regional Dynamic
- Gaza Conflict Reverberates in the West Bank and Jordan
- Groundhog Day: Middle East Version
- Israel and Gaza: Then and Now
- Egypt, Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula
- Iran's Agenda in the Gaza Offensive
- The Impact of Syrian Refugees on Turkey and Jordan
- Divine Right Won't Save the Arab Kings
- Fast Food on the Frontline
- Israel's Netanyahu Continues to Burn Bridges
- Lighting Iran's Nuclear Fuse
- 'Responsibility to Protect' After Libya
- Lebanon: Lessons from Two Assassinations
- The Unfolding Human Catastrophe in Iran
- Netanyahu Foolish to Take Sides in American Election
- Iraq: Ten Years Without a Ministry of Information
- Brokering Votes Becomes Rampant in Lead-up to Jordan's Elections
- War-against-Terror Makes Progress in Post-Saleh Yemen
- Why Al-Qa'ida Found a Hotbed in Yemen
- Arab World Greets Israeli Elections with a Yawn
- Egypt's President Reasserts His Country's Sovereignty in World Affairs
- The Truth Behind the New Islamic Flashpoints
- Middle Eastern Governments Continue to Let Their People Down
- The Islamophobe Fringe
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services, Inc.