If ever there was a time when "see, I told you so" was warranted, it is now as the
That so many in the
What flummoxed Chamberlain, and modern-day apologists for evil, is their refusal to accept that dictators do not live by Western standards or think as we do.
On a visit to
Breaking news: Islamists lie!
What about the "land for peace" formula that has been the accepted doctrine of so many U.S. administrations? Does Landau think that formula is still valid? Not surprisingly, he does not, nor does he believe it ever was a workable formula. "The root cause of the conflict in the region," he says, "is the total refusal by Palestinians and Arab states to accept a Jewish state of any size."
How could anyone credibly argue with him, given the statements to that affect by the Palestinian leadership and some Muslim and Arab political leaders throughout the region?
Israel once again is virtually alone in dealing with the threats it faces.
The question now is will the rest of the world develop a strategy for destroying (not containing, because it will not be contained) Islamism as it did fascism and communism? The IAEA report requires even more urgency in pursuit of this objective, but remarks in
- United States Hesitant to 'Reckon With Evil' in Syria
- Surprise! Iran Has Nukes
- As The World Turns and The Centrifuges Whirl in Iran
- Two-State Solution is Only Solution in the Middle East
- A Silver Lining for Palestine?
- Gilad Shalit's Release Emboldens Netanyahu's Iran Mandate
- Iran Plot: A Pretext for War
- Israel: Iranian War Fever-Pitch Debate Blasted Wide Open
- Israel: In Quest For Cool, Tel Aviv Taps Tech
- Middle East: Buffeted by the Winds of Change
- Tunisia Elections: The Real Thing This Time
- Libya: Victory, Tragedy, Legacy
- Fitting End for Libya's Bloody Dictator
- Bahrain's Courageous Doctors
- Syrian City Of Hama Under Attack
- Syria Agrees to Withdraw Military from Streets Under Arab League Deal
- United States: Iraq Syndrome
- French Push Hard to Clinch Jet Deal with UAE
- Israel: Where Pilgrims Once Trod, Sewage Flows
- Dead Sea's 7 Wonders Bid Spurs Politics and Patriotism
- Europe's Woes Make Their Way Across the Mediterranean
- Egypt and Tunisia Try to Lure Back Their Tourists
- Guide to Egypt's First Post-Revolution Elections
- Egyptians Feel Less Secure on Streets and in Wallets
- Seven Billion People: So Why Do Some Fear Population Decline?
- Democracy in Revolution: the Mediterranean Moment
- Riots and Revolutions in the Digital Age
- When Do You Know You Have Crossed a Watershed?
- Global Financial Regulation: Goal Many Espouse But Can It Be Done?
- Forging a Lasting Peace
- Why We Still Need Nuclear Power
- Arab Spring: Fall Update
- Libya and Iraq: The Price of Success
- Libya and Tunisia Still Face Obstacles on the Road to Democracy
- Tunisians Celebrate Elections, Worry What Follows
- Powder in the Eyes in Algeria
- Gaddafi Took Knowledge of Where Bodies Were Buried to the Grave
- Gaddafi's Death: Mission Accomplished!
- Gadhafi Bites the Dust ... What's Next?
- What's Next for United States - Libyan Relations?
- Qadhafi's Death Leaves Libyan Oil Industry Uncertain
- Obama Sets New Precedent with Role in Getting Gadhafi
- Libya: Now the Hard Part Starts
- Post Gaddafi Libya: What Happens Next?
- Libya: The True Costs of Humanitarian Intervention
- Libya: Humanitarian Intervention Comes of Age
- As Arab Awakening Gets Messy, US Involvement Weakens
- Obama Risks an Oil Opportunity
- Gaddafi's Grim End
- Gaddafi Just Another Tyrant Who Painted Himself Into a Corner
- Lack of Education Hinders Arab Economies
- Mecca Pilgrimage Ripe for Sectarian Clash
- Iraq: American Imperialism? Please
- Mixed Emotions as the United States Leaves Iraq
- United States Iraqi Pullout Whets Iranian Appetite for Trouble
- The Broken Contract: Inequality and American Decline
- The Wisdom of Retrenchment: America Must Cut Back to Move Forward
- Putting a Face on Iran Policies a Study in Frustration
- UNESCO Vote to Admit Palestinian Authority Stirs Tempest
- A Shift in Israel-Hamas Relations?
- The Problem Is Palestinian Rejectionism
- Israel's Bunker Mentality
- United States Law Enforcement Chiefs to Israel
- Israelis and Palestinians Deploy New Technology in Fighting
- Senator Landrieu: Don't Cut Aid to Israel
- NATO Reluctant for Military Intervention in Syria
- Why Syria is Not Libya
- Egyptian Blogger Finally Becomes Cause Celebre
Available at Amazon.com:
Copyright 2011, TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.