While news in America continues to be dominated by the usual election-cycle fare of gimmicky talking points, gratuitous finger-pointing and constant bickering over which presidential candidate is best qualified to steer the country into the iceberg, some other countries around the world, such as
There's a very easy solution to the eurozone crisis: Everyone gets their hands back in their own pockets and stops trying to use the
Odds are that
It's doubtful that a British diplomat would badmouth his nation's European partners if
It just so happens that
Only time will tell if the Commonwealth bloc will be reconstituted as an economic entity along the lines of the BRICS or APEC (Asian-Pacific Economic Cooperation). Ears and eyes on the ground in diplomatic missions often become a nation's anchor for investment and business. The real game may be a long-term economic one.
- Would a Stronger European Federation Even Help?
- Britain's Backup Plan
- Is Putin the Russian Reagan?
- Fear and Loathing on the Streets of Athens
- How Football Continues to Influence Spanish and Italian Politics
- Breakup of Euro Would Be 'Cardiac Arrest' for Europe
- 'All the Choices are Ugly' for Europe
- European Leadership is Limp, But Merkel on Steroids is Not the Answer
- A Date with History: Germany's 1990 Re-Unification
- Tensions Between Germany and Greece Run Deep
- Germany Must Shift from Crisis Agenda to Positive Political Agenda for Europe
- Breakdown of British Euroscepticism
- Geopolitics is an Existential Issue for Poland
(c) 2012 Tribune Media Services