Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
Video Game Review: Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
Gamerscores have been a staple of an Xbox player's personal identity, serving as a quick gauge for how much a gamer plays. 360Voice's Achievement Challenge has taken that metric and has debuted a unique meta-game around Gamerscores in Gears of War 3. Gamers will accumulate achievement points in GoW3, and the Brotherhood with the most points after one month of play will take home the lion's share of
To compete, users simply have to sign up for 360Voice.com and link their Xbox 360 Gamertag to their account. Then the user joins or creates a team, or Brotherhood, with a group limit of 40 Cogs. After that, gamers will race to see which Brotherhood can get the highest Gamerscore over 30 days from GoW3's
The distinctive nature of this competition is that any player of any skill level can participate. Many gamers, while they may enjoy traditional multiplayer death match battles, are often daunted by the expertise of the other combatants. The 360Voice Achievement Challenge is set up so that even casual players can participate and win, because the success is based on individual achievements and group totals, not by skill. To make an analogy, the Achievement Challenge is more akin to fantasy football than actual football.
Aside from Gamerscores, participants also have a chance to win prizes by recruiting the most Cogs. In other words, users that bring in the most signups earn some extra cash. This will encourage players to leverage social media in order to gain an edge, which in turn will make this contest more viral.
One interesting layer to this challenge is the potential movement of players and the politics that may occur between Brotherhoods. Players are free to leave a Brotherhood at any time, so if one Brotherhood has a higher Gamerscore per player, some players may move to different Brotherhoods in order to be on a contending team. In addition, the leaders of each Brotherhood, called Head Cogs, can kick out any underperforming players, opening spots for cogs with higher Gamerscores. The interplay here could be a deciding factor in the overall winner of the contest.
Just days before Gears of War 3's release, the competition is already generating buzz, as popular gaming websites such as CheapAssGamer and True Achievements have created their own Brotherhoods. As of this writing, eight Brotherhoods have already reached capacity and signups are growing by the hour. This competition will likely add another layer to competitive gaming, which has garnered a larger following online this year due to streaming matches of popular games such as StarCraft II and
- Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
- Top 11 Video Games for Fitness
- Dust 514 Brings MMO EVE OnlineM Into the FPS Market
- Watching End of Nations Fall
- Thought Leaders: Greg Kasavin
- 'Zenonia 3: The Midgard Story'
- 'The Longest Journey'
- Puzzle Dimension
- A Rage Like No Other
- MMO EVE Online Expands Into the FPS Market
- Fallen Enchantress Is Set to Rise: Part 2
- A Gamer's Education
- Future for Slates, Tablets and iPads
- 'Terraria' and 'Universe Sandbox'
- 'MotorStorm: Apocalypse'
- Cakewalk Case Studies: Sean Murray and Tim Wynn
- Thought Leaders: Bonnie Nardi
- Chatting With John Martin of Reallusion
- 'Galaga 30th Collection'
- The Way of the Samurai: Chatting With James Russell of The Creative Assembly
- Audio for Games Reimagined: SONAR X1
- 'Hunted: The Demon's Forge'
- Baseball Simulation in MLB 2K11: Part 2
- Video Game Thought Leaders: Matt Ployhar
- Daggerdale - Talking With Tim Ernst of Bedlam Studios
- Fallen Enchantress Is Set to Rise
- 'Mortal Kombat' and the First Amendment
- 'Infamous 2'
- 'Fable III'
- E3 2011 Showcases a Big Year for PC Gaming
- Happiness Is a Warm Gun: Chatting With Emotional Robots
- 'Fate of the World'
- 'The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings'
- 'L.A. Noire'
- PlayStation Network: After the Fall
- Value Proposition - PC or Console Games?
- Complexity in 'Civilization'
- 'Dragon Age II'
- Creating the Baseball Simulation in MLB 2K11
- Hear That Knocking Sound? It's PC Gaming!
- 'Portal 2'
- Saving the Universe One LEGO Brick at a Time
- Synchronization Between Threads in the Infernal Engine
- Thought Leaders: Eleanor Wynn
- The Art of War: Shogun 2
- Solid-state Drives Revolutionize Gaming
- War Production: Chatting With Frank Pearce of Blizzard
- 'Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime'
- Darkspore Creatures Come to Life
- Finding the Next Challenge in Visual Computing
- 'The Sims: Medieval'
- The Future of PC Gaming? A Personal Viewpoint
- Explosion of Creativity: Power of Online Communities
- Game Optimization for Modern Hardware
- 'PixelJunk Shooter 2: The Belly of the Beast'
- Pixels and Sand
- Sneak Peek at DC Universe Online With Chris Cao
- Thought Leaders: Orion Granatir
- Combat Duality in Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
- 'Jikandia: The Timeless Land'
- Exclusive Look at Homefront
- GDC 2011: Sneak Peek of Battlefield 3
- Talking Dragon Age II With Valve Software's Erik Wolpaw
- Nathan Camarillo of Crytek Talks Crysis 2 and CryEngine 3
- 'Two Worlds II'
- Peter Molyneux Talks Fable III and Commitment to PC Gaming
- There's an App for That Game
- Talking Tech Tactics With Football Manager 2011
- 'Kingdom Hearts Re:coded'
- 'Dead Space 2'
- 2K Sports Announces 'NHL 2K11' for Apple iPad
- 'Dead Space' for iOS
- Why are Video Games for Girls so Lame?
- The Muddy Beauty of DiRT 2
- The Reality of Indie Game Development
- Using Artificial Intelligence in Game Development
- Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2011
- Need for Speed Drives Back to Roots
- Developing and Optimizing Games for Netbooks
- 'Bejeweled 3'
- Rolling Thunder, Analytics and Performance Drive Need for Speed World
- Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters Challenges
- Dude! Who Killed My First-person Shooter?
- Racing to the Finish Line: Chris Southall Talks Total War and Sonic
- The Force Remains Strong with LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- Unreal Engine 3 Brings Chadam to Life on Web Video
- 'Pac-Man Championship Edition DX'
- 'Infinity Blade'
- TRON: Evolution -- Game Developers Go Hollywood
- EA Sports Moves Graphics-rich Gaming Online
- Humble Opinions: From The Sims to Indie Games
- Meet Mr. Industrial: Justin Lassen's Music Machine
- 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood'
- 'Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem'
- 'Time Crisis Razing Storm'
- 'Arcania: Gothic 4'
- 'Disney Epic Mickey'
- 'Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light'
- 'Ace Combat: Air Assault'
- 'Game Dev. Story'
- Epic Games Unveils 'Gears of War 3' Multiplayer Details
- 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow'
- 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1'
- 'Amnesia: The Dark Descent'
- 'Enslaved: Odyssey to the West'
- 'Valkyria Chronicles II'
- 'Dead Rising 2'
- 'Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep'
- 'Halo: Reach'
- 'Mafia II'
- 'Scott Pilgrim' vs. Its Video Game References
Video Games: Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge
Copyright © 2011 CRISPY GAMER. All rights reserved.
Your Favorite Comic Strips Online
Your favorite comics strips Animal Crackers, Annie, Bound & Gagged, Brenda Starr, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy, Broom-Hilda, Dick Tracy, Gasoline Alley, Gil Thorp, Housebroken, Loose Parts, The Middletons, Pink Panther, Raising Hector, Sylvia, 9 to 5, Bliss, Bottom Liners, Love Is..., Pluggers all online at ComicStripNation.com