2K Sports Announces 'NHL 2K11' for Apple iPad
John Gaudiosi, Crispy Gamer
'NHL 2K11' for Apple iPad
2K Sports has had success with NHL 2K11 on Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch. Now the sports video game maker is bringing the franchise to Apple's popular iPad2K Sports has had success with "NHL 2K11" on Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch. Now the sports video game maker is bringing the franchise to Apple's popular iPad.
"NHL 2K11" will mark 2K Sports' first game on Apple's now-ubiquitous iPad. "NHL 2K11" launched as a Wii exclusive, as Rhinehart said 2K Sports has spent the past year focusing on a new Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 hockey game. But that extra time has allowed the game publisher to bring its NHL franchise to first the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch and now the iPad.
"NHL 2K11" was the first licensed NHL game for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch, and now it will enjoy the same status on iPad. 2K Sports has devised a new control scheme designed specifically for the iPad and based on the iPhone and iPod touch version.
The iPad hockey game will feature high definition visuals -- something hockey fans don't experience in the Wii version. The game also promises a variety of modes, including the ability to jump into a Quick Game, practice your skills in Free Skate or take your favorite team to the Stanley Cup in
The Wii version of the game introduced improved Wii MotionPlus controls with the ability to execute real-time (one-to-one) dekes, puck juggling, shooting and defensive maneuvers. Bringing these incredible moves to life are improved player models, freshly lit and redesigned arenas, and highly detailed jerseys and equipment. 2K Sports introduced the all-new Road to the Cup mode featuring Mii characters battling in mini-games, trivia challenges and skills competitions.
Available at Amazon.com:
Videogaming & Video Game Reviews
- 'Kingdom Hearts Re:coded'
- 'Dead Space 2'
- 2K Sports Announces 'NHL 2K11' for Apple iPad
- 'Dead Space' for iOS
- Why are Video Games for Girls so Lame?
- The Muddy Beauty of DiRT 2
- The Reality of Indie Game Development
- Using Artificial Intelligence in Game Development
- Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2011
- Need for Speed Drives Back to Roots
- Developing and Optimizing Games for Netbooks
- 'Bejeweled 3'
- Rolling Thunder, Analytics and Performance Drive Need for Speed World
- Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters Challenges
- Dude! Who Killed My First-person Shooter?
- Racing to the Finish Line: Chris Southall Talks Total War and Sonic
- The Force Remains Strong with LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
- Unreal Engine 3 Brings Chadam to Life on Web Video
- 'Infinity Blade'
- 'Pac-Man Championship Edition DX'
- TRON: Evolution -- Game Developers Go Hollywood
- EA Sports Moves Graphics-rich Gaming Online
- Humble Opinions: From The Sims to Indie Games
- Meet Mr. Industrial: Justin Lassen's Music Machine
- 'Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood'
- 'Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem'
- 'Time Crisis: Razing Storm'
- 'Arcania: Gothic 4'
- 'Disney Epic Mickey'
- 'Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light'
- 'Ace Combat: Air Assault'
- 'Game Dev. Story'
- Epic Games Unveils 'Gears of War 3' Multiplayer Details
- 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow'
- 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1'
- 'Amnesia: The Dark Descent'
- 'Enslaved: Odyssey to the West'
- 'Valkyria Chronicles II'
- 'Dead Rising 2'
- 'Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep'
- 'Halo: Reach'
- 'Mafia II'
- 'Scott Pilgrim' vs. Its Video Game References
- 'Madden 11'
- 'Metroid: Other M'
- 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The Games'
- Burn Zombie Burn
- Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game
- Starcraft 2
- Dolby's Axon Software
- What Video Games Could Teach
- Valkyria Chronicles II
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
- Clash of the Titans
- Alien Spawn
- Halo: Combat Evolved - Failure is an Option
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
- Medal of Honor
- ModNation Racers
- 3D Dot Heroes
- The Sims 3: Ambitions
- Lost Planet 2
- Star Trek Online
- Coming of Age in Video Games
- Putting Down Video Games And Picking Them Back Up Again
- Government Should Stop Kids From Buying Violent Video Games
- Video Games Don't Cause Children to be Violent
- 'Monster Hunter Tri' (Wii)
- 'Dead to Rights: Retribution' (Xbox 360)
- Deus Ex Focuses on the Play
- 'Sam & Max Season 3: The Penal Zone'
- Sleep is Death
- 'FarmVille': A Love Story
- 'Battlefield: Bad Company 2'
- 'Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities'
- Assassin's Creed II - Xbox 360
- 'Avatar: The Game'
- 'WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010' - Xbox 360
- NCAA Basketball 10 - PS3
- Disney Jonas - DS
- 'God of War' Collection - PS3
- How to Beat the Hydra in 'God of War' - PS3
- 'Left 4 Dead 2' - Xbox 360
Video Games: 2K Sports Announces 'NHL 2K11' for Apple iPad
COPYRIGHT (C) 2011 CRISPY GAMER. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Your Favorite Comic Strips Online
Your favorite comics strips Animal Crackers, Annie, Bound & Gagged, Brenda Starr, Brewster Rockit: Space Guy, Broom-Hilda, Dick Tracy, Gasoline Alley, Gil Thorp, Housebroken, Loose Parts, The Middletons, Pink Panther, Raising Hector, Sylvia, 9 to 5, Bliss, Bottom Liners, Love Is..., Pluggers all online at ComicStripNation.com