Girl World Daily
Thorne & Coleman
On Disney Channel’s Shake It Up, Bella Thorne and Zendaya Coleman play BFFs CeCe and Rocky -- and they love to dance! Here, the girls dish on how they learned to get down with the choreography, and their real-life off-camera friendships with the crew. Plus, Zendaya spills Bella’s secret obsession!
Girl World Daily: How would you describe Shake It Up?
It’s a buddy comedy about two girls who love to dance -- and how they finally get a chance to realize their dreams when they audition for their favorite show, Shake It Up Chicago.
GWD: How long have you been dancing?
Well, I’ve only been dancing since November 2009. I’ve been taking dance classes every single night and day. I had never really done choreography, so that was very hard for me -- but I take hip-hop to get swagger!
I’ve always loved to party with my friends and dance around. I started dancing when I was about 8. I was in a hip-hop troop, and I also did hula -- which are total opposites, but extremely fun.
GWD: What advice would you give to a girl who would like to learn how to dance, but doesn’t know where to start?
She’s just like me, then, because I really wanted to learn, but I didn’t know any of the counts and the numbers. It was all very confusing. I had to work through it and just try anything. You really just have to try.
GWD: What’s it like working with the cast?
Zendaya is just amazing. She’s a fantastic dancer, and they could not have chosen a better Rocky. I love that everyone is so similar to their character, except for Kenton Duty, who plays Gunther. He’s not an archrival to anybody! But Adam Irigoyen is like his character, Deuce, and Davis Cleveland is like my little brother in real life.
We’re like a big family. We hang out with each other all of the time on and off set. We’re always going into each other’s dressing rooms and turning up the music, and we dance with each other.
GWD: Would either of you like to share a little-known fact about the other?
Bella loves shoes! She’ll wear a different pair of shoes every day. She’s a shoe fanatic, and I love that about her!
Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Shaking It up With Bella and Zendaya!
- CES 2011 Report - Consumer Electronics Show
- Time to Gear up for 3-D TV?
- 'Spidey' Producers Building a Brand
- Tolan: Let Critics Choose the Emmys
- Experts Key to Oprah Winfrey Formula
- Gift Ideas From the Stars
- Moonlighting Pays for Broadway Thespians
- Anderson Cooper Set for New Television Talk Show
- Reality Bug Bites TV Stars of the '80s
- Discovery Channel Aims Higher: Enlightened Reality TV
- If God is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise
- Katrina Kicks Off Tragedy Calendar
- Mad Men
- 8 Kids with 6 Moms? NFL Star Is Shameful
- Inside Nigel Lythgoe's Plans for American Idol
- Will Emmy Finally Gleam for Ann-Margret?
- DeGeneres Leaving 'American Idol': Jennifer Lopez May Be Joining
- 'Shaking It up With Bella and Zendaya!' - Great Show Set in Not-So-Great Era
- CNN's Larry King to Sign Off: Host Announces His Departure
- C-SPAN Now Reaches 100 Million Homes
- TV Networks Should Rethink Summer Strategy
- Fat Times For Weight-Loss TV Shows
- Grading Network Television Fall Schedules
- 'Lost' Found 'Net Niche: Stoked TV-Centric Blogosphere Fires
- Betty White - What We Can Learn From the Golden Girl
- Why News Is Aimed At Your Emotions
- Police Work and Reality TV: Not a Good Fit
- Media Overreaches As 'Lost' and Other TV Series Finish Up
- Television - Can TV News Be Saved?
- Television - Network News Doing Less with Less
- Television - Chattin' It up With iCarly's Miranda Cosgrove
- Television - Recurring Reality's Faux Sheen
- America Through the Reality Lens
- Television - TV Vets Assess Sitcoms
- Decade of Rapid Change
- TV's Best for 2009: Can't Pick Just 10
- Behind the Scenes at the Food Network
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.