Best iPhone Apps for Moms
Not long ago, I didn't even own a cell phone. All I had was a small disposable phone that I kept buried in my purse in the event of an emergency. It was too embarrassing to even take out, as my daughter liked to tell me. Then I got smart and got a smartphone -- an iPhone to be exact.
And now there's apps I can't live without. My favorites:
1. All Recipes Dinner Spinner, free
Tonight I'm in the mood to make a soup that includes chicken, and I've got only 20 minutes to make it. Rather than rifle through my unwieldy folder of recipes, I can turn to All Recipes Finder, plug in my requirements -- type of food, main ingredient, time available -- into a spinner. The app then spits out a list of possible recipes that match my needs. It takes the guesswork out of the age old question, "What's for dinner, mom?"
2. Mindfulness Meditation, $1.99
All moms need a few minutes of clarity, and that's what I love about this app. It has a soothing male voice that talks you through a simple meditation, first by focusing on your breath, then by paying attention to your other senses. You can use it for as little as five minutes or as much as 30 minutes.
3. Coupon Sherpa, free
This handy app lets me peek at coupons from stores throughout the area. For example, I know there's a 20-percent-off coupon at Aeropostale, and a free mini-candle with the purchase of $10 or more at Bath & Body Works.
4. Yelp Mobile, free
So I'm out of town, and I need to find a restaurant. Enter Yelp, the restaurant app that locates restaurants, bars, drugstores and gas stations as well as auto repair shops and other local businesses. A search under "Everything" even turns up local vets and the country club. But my favorite feature, of course, is the restaurant locator, which helps me even when I'm home.
5. Showtimes, free
As a movie aficionado, I love this app. It tells me which movies are playing at local theaters and when, and it lets me make movie dates while I'm on the go. So if my friend texts me, telling me she wants to see a movie, I can tell her instantly where we can see it and what time it starts, without digging through newspapers or combing the Internet. You also get a movie trailer and movie reviews with each film, too.
- We Humans Headed Toward Obsolescence
- Chinese Telecom Giants Deny Allegations Huawei, ZTE Pose Security Threats
- Google to be Top Ad Revenue Earner by End of this Year
- Microsoft to Use Google's Mistake to Boost Market Push for Bing
- Microsoft to Chinese companies: Stop Using Pirated Copies of Office
- Germany's IT Watchdog Warns Users Against Internet Explorer
- eBay Unveils New Design, Launches Same Day Delivery Service
- 6 Apps for a Good Night's Sleep
- Best iPhone Apps for Moms
- 4 Physical Therapy Apps That Speed Healing
- Rain or Shine: Developing a Weather App
- Why Is Parallel Programming So Hard
- App Marketing: Standing out from the Pack
- Open Source IDEs: An Update
- Mobile Technology Trends: Give Your Apps a Voice
- Mobile Apps and Accessibility
- Getting Organized: Developing an Organizational App
- Firefox Increases Browsing Speed with New Technology
- Bing's Marketing Campaign Shows People Prefer It Over Google
- Android App Development: Some Devices Just Can't Handle It
- Cracking the Carrier and Vendor Market
- iPhone 5 Will Help Apple Take Back Smartphone Crown
- Apple Launches iPhone 5
- Consumers Like Smartphones with Bigger Screens
- Is Apple's iOS Fragmenting?
- The Only Word You Need to Remember is 'Apple'
- AT&T's Upside-Down World
- Google+ Offers Custom URLs to Businesses, Brands and Celebrities
- Google Finds New Way to Deal with Websites That Infringe Copyrights
- London Olympics: The Social Media Games
- Rogue Employee Hacked MLB Team Facebook Pages
- iPad Dominates Tablet Market in China
- Hitching Social Media to Humanitarian Assistance
- Google+ Users Happier than Facebook Users
- The Sad, Pathetic Personality of a Computer Hacker
- Securing the Enterprise Better With Encryption Instructions
- Why Linux Needs Malware Protection
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.