Do Not Break Your iPhone
by Felix Richter (Statista)
This chart shows how much Apple charges to repair damages to different iPhone models.
With the iPhone X, Apple's re-designed anniversary iPhone, we'll see the familiar images of people lining up in front of Apple Stores around the world to be among the first ones to get their hands on the new device. Despite the X's lofty price -- it starts at $999 for the smaller 64 GB model, making it the most expensive iPhone to-date -- it's safe to say that Apple could sell a lot more units than it can possibly produce.
When the iPhone X became available for pre-order recently, it was sold out within minutes and the estimated delivery time currently stands at 5 to 6 weeks.
To all those quick or lucky enough to get an iPhone X anytime soon, our advice is: do not drop it.
According to Apple's official support website, the company's latest smartphone is just as expensive to repair as it is to acquire. Repairing the screen alone will set you back $279 or nearly twice what you pay for a new iPhone 8 screen. If you're unlucky enough to break more than just your screen, you'll be out $549 to get your phone fixed.
- Do Not Break Your iPhone
- Smartphone Prices Trending Upwards
- iPhone X Steals the Show
- What The iPhone X Costs Around The World
- Mobile Data: Who's Using The Most
- Smartphones Cause Photography Boom
- Most iPhone Users Never Look Back
- The iPhone Price Index
- Most Used Devices
- Africans Never Hung Up on Nokia Brick
- Smartphone Addiction Tightens Its Global Grip
- Teens and Their Smartphones
- The (Still) Limited Reach of Apple Pay
- Chinese Smartphone Players
- Landline Phones Are a Dying Breed
- When Will 5G Hit the Mainstream?
- Apple & Nokia See Deeper Partnership
- iPhone Still Apple's Cash Cow Despite Declining Sales
- The Smartphone Afterlife
- Smartphone Market Not a Two-Horse Race
- The Perfect Holiday Shopping Assistant
- Must-use Security Features on Your iPhone
- Benefits of Learning How to Use Your Smartphone Camera
- Questions to Ask Before You Buy a New Smartphone
- Benefits and Features to Look For When Buying a Smartphone
- What Data Plan is Right For You?
- Make a Smarter Upgrade