Santa Clara, CA
Google's Project Glass will certainly innovate the way people use the Internet once it's offered to the public. Along with its functionality, Project Glass is also aiming to be very stylish.
According to a report by the New York Times, Google is in talks with eyewear maker Warby Parker to design its glasses.
"The big question is, Why on earth would you put something like this on your head? If you do things that are very useful, it becomes fashionable," Google Glass team leader Babak Parviz said in a previous interview.
Google and Warby Parker are mum on the rumored deal.
Google co-founder Sergey Brin can be spotted riding the New York subway wearing the glasses being developed. The glasses do look dorky and consulting a known designer would only mean good news for Google.
"We think technology should work for you -- to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don't," the search giant said on its Google+ page.
Google's glasses is a project that involves displaying information from the web through the lens of glasses. Users can issue voice commands ad interact with the Internet hand-free. It will run Google's Android OS.
Google Glass expected to arrive in 2013
- Cloud Computing: Cost, Efficiency and Security
- The Internet Racket
- The Cell Phone Turns 40
- Tablets to Overtake Smartphones as Most Used Mobile Device for Browsing
- Smartphone and tablet users watch more movies on average
- Bill Gates Talks Tech and Philanthropy
- Yahoo Shuts Down Several Projects
- Pinterest Could Soon be Second Most Used Social Network
- Do You Take This Smartphone for Better or Worse?
- Microsoft experiences cyberattack; employee computers affected
- Android targeted by malware and cybercriminals
- Google's Project Glass to become more stylish
- HP Shifting from PC Manufacturing to Tablets
- Microsoft Windows Blue to have added search functionality
- Google Fears Samsung's Android OS dominance
- Apple iWatch Could Be Unveiled This Year
- Galaxy S4 Rumors Continue to Dominate Smartphone News
- Smartphones to Finally Outnumber Feature Phones this Year
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to go head-to-head against iPad Mini
- The Death of Depth
- Future Smart Devices Will Extend Our Senses
- Google Offers Virtual Hike Through the Grand Canyon
- Facebook Fasting
- Facebook 'Unfriending' Triggers Real-life Consequences
- Report Highlights Economic Threat of Hacking
- Twitter Hit by Cyber Attack
- Best New Tech For Moms At The Consumer Electronics Show
- CES 2013 Tech Gadgets
- Will Robots Steal Your Job?
- Top Tech at CES 2013
- Wearable Tech Takes CES 2013 by Storm
- Web Gadgets in United States Outnumber Americans
(c) 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved, "Google's Project Glass to become more stylish"