4 Apps to Manage Your Contacts
Whether you run a small business out of your house like I do, have a powerful professional network you don't want to lose track of, or just have lots of friends and family, you might benefit from managing your contacts better.
I've found plenty of options, ranging from basic apps that keep everything synced to sophisticated apps that bring new features to your phone's built-in address book.
Here's a quick overview of how the cloud can make it easier to organize -- and make better use of -- your contacts:
Try a Basic Cloud Syncing Service
A service like MoveMyContacts lets you store your address book in a centralized location and automatically sync it across multiple devices. So if you decide to change phones or service providers, you don't have to retype everything manually; just download your contact database from MoveMyContacts. This is a huge time-saver. It's also handy if your phone is ever lost or stolen, so you don't have to post one of those embarrassing "I lost my phone -- send me your number!" updates on Facebook.
Services such as Apple's MobileMe (which will soon be replaced by iCloud) offer a similar function. A change to a contact on one device will automatically populate to all of your devices, so you don't have to worry about it.
Download Apps for Your Smartphone
If you're looking for more than simple syncing, more sophisticated apps can amp up the function of your existing address book. For example, Groups for iPhone lets you combine multiple people into a group and give it a unique name. Create a group called "Soccer," add all of your teammates, then compose a single email or text message to everyone at once to ask where you're meeting up after Sunday's game.
Business users may prefer an app like Gist, which includes plugins for Outlook, Gmail and Salesforce.com, and integrates real-time social media feeds. In other words, you can pull up your coworker's contact info in your address book and see what he just tweeted and posted to Facebook -- if you care!
Image Credit: http://gist.com/
- 4 Apps to Manage Your Contacts
- Portable Tech Gadgets You Need This Summer
- Best Tablets for Your Business
- Security Tips for Your Smartphone or Tablet
- 5 New Cloud Tools You'll Love
- Can a Tablet Replace Your Laptop?
- Why Wireless Needs a Network of Networks
- 5 Steps to a Successful Enterprise Wireless Strategy
- 5 Keys for Moving Enterprise Security to the Cloud
- Tips for Building and Deploying Cloud-based Apps
- 5 Business Lessons You Can Learn From Mark Zuckerberg
- Russia: The No. 1 Base of Global Internet Attacks
- Researchers Say New Botnet TDL-4 Poses Big Threat
- The Internet Grows Up
- Ten Ways to Keep Your Online Information Secure
- How Facebook and Your Free Time Can Get You Fired
- The Only 10 Android Health Apps You Need
- Connected TV
- Near-Field Communication Technology the Next Big Thing
- The Future of 3-D Video
- Is Your Teen Sexting?
- Should You Ban Your Tweens From Facebook?
- Home Movies: Then and Now
- Is Social Media Malware Infecting Your Business?
- Is Your Tween (Illegally) on Facebook?
- Are Free Public Wi-Fi Networks Safe?
- Explosion of Creativity: Power of Online Communities
- The Future According to Google
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Hiring a Personal Trainer
- When Your Dream Company is Hiring on Twitter
- Colleges Bring Campuses to Facebook
- Technology Powers Revolutions and Saves Lives
- Best Photo Apps
- Virtual World No Substitute for Real One
- Best Phone Apps for Busy Women
- How to Prevent Identity Theft
- How to Use Facebook So It Does not Use You
- Worst-case Computer Scenarios
- Google Chrome OS Notebook: A Security Game Changer?
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- How to Prevent Data Breaches
- Best Tips for Sharing Videos
- Do You Need an iPad for Your Small Business?
- The App Guide: 5 Must-have Shopping Apps
- Project Management Tips From the Pros
- Finding the Right Skill Set
- Who's Gawking at Your Photos?
- Dealing With Virtual Stalking
- CES 2011 Report - Consumer Electronics Show
- Time to Gear up for 3-D TV?
- How to Get the Best Service From IT Vendors
- Dating Apps: The Lowdown
- New Website Streamlines College-Aid Application
- Gift-card Resale Market Thrives Online
- Stop Cyberbullying Now!
- 5 Cloud Tools to Boost Your Productivity
- Mobile Pay Can Give You an Edge
- How to Find the Best Deals Online
- Should You 'Friend' Your Teens Online?
- Should You Really Post That Comment?
- 5 Smart Tactics for LinkedIn Self-Promotion
- How Repressive Regimes Use the Internet to Keep Power
- WikiLeaks: Diplomacy as Usual
- The Rising Threat of USB Drives
- Integrate Cloud Solutions With Caution
- Tech Solutions to Track Your Resolutions
- Crash Course in Computer Maintenance
- How to Pick the Right Cloud Provider
- Web Tools for Starting a Small Business
- 4 Life-changing Resolutions You Can Stick to
- Create Your Own Social Network
- What the Web Says About You
- FTC Chairman: 'Do Not Track' Rules Would Help Web Thrive
- 'Do Not Track' Rules Would Put a Stop to the Internet As We Know It
- Are Federal 'Do Not Track' Rules Needed?
- The Political Power of Social Media
- Top 3 Kid-safe Social Networks
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Your Kids' Online Reputation
- Preparing Our Children for Global Digital Citizenship Success
- The Great E-reader Roundup
- The NFL's Highest-scoring Apps
- New Gadgets Straight From the Big Screen
- A Game Plan for Protecting Stored Data
- The Drive for Real-time Collaboration
- Hang Onto People Who'll Help You Advance
- Leading New Developments in Visual Computing
- Meet Mr. Industrial: Justin Lassen's Music Machine
- Must-see TV on the Internet
- Share Safely on Social Networks
- 6 Essential Rules for Safe Online Shopping
- Five Steps to Kid-friendly Surfing
- High-tech Help for Weight Loss
- Create a Web Site or Blog for Your Family
- Video Eyewear for Sunglass Cinema
- Smart Phone Apps Help Stop Distracted Driving
- Online Computer Backup Services Remove Hassle
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.