Though she was impressive at the 2012 U.S. Olympic Table Tennis trials, Ariel Hsing needs another solid finish at the qualifying tournament as she strikes balance with school work and her Olympic dream.
Hsing is trying to balance studying for the SATs, schoolwork and table tennis.
The sixteen-year-old junior in high school has managed to excel both at school and at table tennis.
Hsing, the 2010 and 2011 national champion, finished second at the 2012 U.S. table tennis Olympic trials.
The table tennis teen sensation, on the other hand, has managed so far to keep a perfect GPA.
According to Hsing, her parents inculcated the value of education when she was young.
"I know at least for me, school is still No. 1," Hsing, said via Yahoo Sports. "It's the most important thing and I definitely am trying to get a good education."
Hsing, who had indicated that she has "to live a double life", knows that she's not going to play pro table tennis forever. The young table tennis star aspires to go to Stanford after high school and study business.
Competing in the Olympic Games is another dream for Hsing, who often starts her days with early morning practice sessions to address her serves.
She then heads to school, where she's currently taking five classes. Hsing allots certain hours for training and hours for doing homework.
In order to compete for the upcoming London Olympics, Hsing needs to finish among the top two women in the North American Qualifying tournament.
Olympic hopefuls from the United States and Canada will compete in the said event slated in April.
- Samsung and Visa Team Up for Limited Edition Galaxy S III
- Michael Phelps to Retire After 2012 Summer Olympics
- Britain May Deploy Missiles for 2012 London Summer Olympics
- Olympic-Bound Sailors Set Bearings Using Navy SEAL-Style Training
- Sailing Star Ben Ainslie on Course for 2012 London Olympics
- Burkas to Tracksuits
- David Beckham's Olympic Dream Still Alive
- Stella McCartney Unveils Adidas Line for London 2012 Olympics
- Saudi Women on Their Way to London Olympics
- Female Beach Volleyball Players Can Shed Bikinis at 2012 Olympics
- United States Men's Soccer Team Fails In Olympic Qualifying Bid
- New Zealand Women's Match-Racing Crew on Course for London Olympics
- Olympic Brands Accused of Labor Abuse Scandal
- Siblings Zach and Paige Railey Ready for Sailing Event at Olympics
- Teen Table Tennis Star Ariel Hsing Balancing School and Olympic Dream
- Saudis to Let Women Compete in Olympics
- Usain Bolt Eyes Four Golds at 2012 London Olympics
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved