Designers in British Spirit for Summer Games
2012 London Summer Olympics
Famed British fashion designers, including the iconic Vivienne Westwood and the fabled Alexander McQueen, have been getting into the spirit of the upcoming Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations and the highly anticipated 2012 Summer Olympic Games with an assortment of pleasingly patriotic creations ranging from high fashion evening ball gowns to practical Wellington boots.
In homage to Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee in June, Vivienne Westwood's Red Carpet Capsule Collection showcases three classic corseted dress gowns inspired by the Union Jack flag and past gowns donned by the royal queen.
Also to be featured in coming months is a host of tantalizing accessories including slinky footwear in colors of the British flag of reds, whites and blues. Those searching for something a bit less showing and more sensible might like the Scottish-based band Hunter Boot's Union Jack print Wellington boots, said to be perfect for summertime in the U.K.
For those who like to make a statement, the online shoe company Shoes of Prey allows visitors to design their own British flag themed custom designed footwear.
And for the masses destined for a regal piece, there is the Pretty Ballerinas site, which has created a specially made black suede slipper adorned with Swarovski crystals, inspired by a extraordinary crown designed in honor of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Alexander McQueen is also showing his country's colors by crafted a gem embellished clutch in a loyal British theme.
Several other sites and designers have also gone patriotic including Links of London with a special edition friendship bracelet for London 2012 and the Jubilee.
- Paul Drinkhall to Lead British Paddlers in 2012 London Games
- Military to Take Control of London Air Space for Summer Olympics
- Designers in British Spirit for Summer Games
- Australian Crews Gear Up for 2012 Olympics
- Coach K to Step Down as Team USA Coach After London Games
- Samsung and Visa Team Up for Limited Edition Galaxy S III
- Michael Phelps to Retire After 2012 Summer Olympics
- Britain May Deploy Missiles for 2012 London Summer Olympics
- Olympic-Bound Sailors Set Bearings Using Navy SEAL-Style Training
- Sailing Star Ben Ainslie on Course for 2012 London Olympics
- Burkas to Tracksuits
- David Beckham's Olympic Dream Still Alive
- Stella McCartney Unveils Adidas Line for London 2012 Olympics
- Saudi Women on Their Way to London Olympics
- Female Beach Volleyball Players Can Shed Bikinis at 2012 Olympics
- United States Men's Soccer Team Fails In Olympic Qualifying Bid
- New Zealand Women's Match-Racing Crew on Course for London Olympics
- Olympic Brands Accused of Labor Abuse Scandal
- Siblings Zach and Paige Railey Ready for Sailing Event at Olympics
- Teen Table Tennis Star Ariel Hsing Balancing School and Olympic Dream
- Saudis to Let Women Compete in Olympics
- Usain Bolt Eyes Four Golds at 2012 London Olympics
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved