Pair up for a Group Date
Girl World Daily
You can tell he likes you, and you like him. But the whole dating experience is just too weird and awkward. So gather up a group of your friends -- girls and guys! -- for a group date and invite your crush along. This is a great way to shake a case of the nerves while still getting to know your best boy a little better.
Group Date Tip No 1: Pick a place.
First off, figure out where you and your friends can go to interact and have a good time. Think of it as a field trip but without the chaperones. A flick is not the best pick since you won’t be able to chat it up inside a movie theater. Instead, consider some of these great group date ideas:
- Swimming either at a pool or nearby lake
- Miniature golf or even the local gaming place
- Pizza place or other inexpensive sit-down restaurant
- Carnival if there’s one in town
- Cookout in somebody’s backyard
- Free concert or outdoor festival (check local papers)
- Picnic lunch at a park -- pack a cooler!
Group Date Tip No. 2: Don’t call it a “date.”
OK, so you and your BFF have decided to go ahead and plan this group date outing, but if you don’t want to scare the boys away, avoid using the word “date,” which is a little anxiety-charged. It’s a lot less pressure (and probably won’t freak your parents out as much either) if you just say, “Hey, a bunch of us are getting together this weekend. It’ll be so much fun!”
Group Date Tip No. 3: Ditch the shyness.
Even if you normally clam up around boys, this is your shot at showing your crush the real you. The whole point of a group date is to be able to relax and do away with “date expectations.” Put on your most confident smile and kick up a conversation with that cutie. Talk to him just like you would chat it up with one of your girls.
Group Date Tip No. 4: Keep it safe.
Let your parents in on where you’ll be and make sure all your friends agree to stay together as a group. Establish a meeting time and place in case anyone gets separated, and exchange cell phone numbers before you head out. Heh … now he has your number!
Available at Amazon.com:
- What to Say to Women
- Pair up for a Group Date
- Good Friends, Good Health
- The Summer Fun Starts Here
- 5 Rules of Facebook Etiquette
- Make the New Girl Your New Friend
- Stand up for Yourself Without Creating Conflict
- 5 Ways to Tell She Digs You
- Girlfriends Rule
- Triple Threat of Toxic Friends
- Sharing a Room With a Sibling
- Beginner's Guide to Dating Boys
- Get Along With Your Parents
- Make Nice With Mom
- Facial Hair to Attract the Girl of Your Dreams
- Mastering Group Dating
- Turns Out Listening's His Strong Suit
- Is Facebook Killing Your Mojo?
- Go Retrosexual: Finding Lost Loves Over the Web
- All's Fair in Love and Woo
- Show Mom You Love Her!
- Breakup Recovery: Prevail in the First 72 Hours
- The Girl Decoder
- 10 Ultimate Girlfriend Mysteries -- Solved!
- Say 'I Love You' in a New Way
- Million-dollar Dating at Bargain Prices
- Is it Bromance? How to Pick the Best Wingmen
- 5 Gadgets to Boot up Your Love Life
- Find New Friends Fast
- How to Comfort a Friend in Need
- Academic Affair: Beware!
- Can Long-distance Love Thrive?
- Show Mom You Love Her
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.