Girl World Daily
Female bonding is never more powerful than when you’re a teen! Like food and water, friendships are a basic need -- a mandatory component to a girl’s happiness. So how can you safeguard your most important friendship? Here are some suggestions for keeping this bond kickin’ for the long haul!
1. Show you appreciate her
Surprise her now and then with her favorite candy bar or magazine. Invite her to join your family when you’re doing something fun. Send her a ridiculously mushy friendship card … just because.
2. Listen when she talks
She’s there for you when you’re down and never says, “You told me that already,” even if you have. Be there for her in the same way. Ask questions to show her you want details.
3. Put the friendship first
Don’t blow your best friend off for people who might not be around forever. That includes the cute guy who asked you to his game when you promised you’d help her pick a prezzie for her baby bro’s b-day. Or the popular girl who invited you over Friday night after you and your BFF already made plans.
4. Keep her secrets
Don’t ever betray her trust. Never spill anything she confides in you, unless it’s something that may put her in harm’s way. An example? If you know she’s been purging her lunch, you’re a good friend to tell a parent she needs help.
5. Always have her back
Stand up for her, whether she’s around or not. She needs to know she can count on you to be on her side. If you happen to disagree with how she handles a particular situation, tell her -- but in private.
6. Let her know when you’re upset with her
Work out problems rather than ignoring them. Anger and resentment build up when unexpressed. Don’t attack, just calmly tell her how you feel and why.
7. Apologize when you’re wrong
Don’t get defensive. Instead, learn to accept who she is and not expect her to always agree with your view on things. Keep this in mind: It’s better to lose the fight than the friend.
While guys have friends to do stuff with, girls share their lives with their friends on an intimate level. These relationships are strong enough to raise self-esteem, battle peer pressure and genuinely last … forever. How lucky are we?!?
Available at Amazon.com:
- Sharing a Room With a Sibling
- Girlfriends Rule
- Triple Threat of Toxic Friends
- Beginner's Guide to Dating Boys
- Get Along With Your Parents
- Make Nice With Mom
- Facial Hair to Attract the Girl of Your Dreams
- Mastering Group Dating
- Turns Out Listening's His Strong Suit
- Is Facebook Killing Your Mojo?
- Go Retrosexual: Finding Lost Loves Over the Web
- All's Fair in Love and Woo
- Show Mom You Love Her!
- Breakup Recovery: Prevail in the First 72 Hours
- The Girl Decoder
- 10 Ultimate Girlfriend Mysteries -- Solved!
- Say 'I Love You' in a New Way
- Million-dollar Dating at Bargain Prices
- Is it Bromance? How to Pick the Best Wingmen
- 5 Gadgets to Boot up Your Love Life
- Find New Friends Fast
- How to Comfort a Friend in Need
- Academic Affair: Beware!
- Can Long-distance Love Thrive?
- Show Mom You Love Her
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.