Standout Prep Defensive End Tim Williams Commits to Alabama
Less than 24 hours after his official visit, defensive end Tim Williams has given his commitment to national champion Alabama.
A 6-4, 230-pound four-star prospect from Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab, Williams ranks as the nation's No. 36 player overall and the top player in Louisiana.
"At Alabama, I know all of the coaches, and they've been recruiting me since my ninth grade year," Williams said after his visit. "I know Coach Nick Saban well. I know Coach [Burton] Burns well. Alabama was the first school to start looking at me, and they gave me my first offer."
Earlier, Williams said he plans to visit Miami, Florida State and LSU but after his Alabama visit, he reached a decision to join coach Nick Saban's team.
On his visit to Alabama, Williams spent time with the coaching staff, toured the campus and hung out with fellow Alabama commitments Jonathan Cook, Maurice Smith and Altee Tenpenny.
Listed as a defensive end, Williams said he projects more as an outside linebacker in the Tide's 3-4 defense while Alabama coaches like him at either the Jack or the Sam spot.
"Basically, I can play Jack or Sam -- the Sam more than the Jack -- but they said I can play both positions because of my speed," Williams said.
With Williams joining the fold, Alabama now has 21 commitments in the 2013 class.
Recently, the Crimson Tide announced that running back Eddie Lacy, cornerback Dee Milliner and right tackle D.J. Fluker will enter the NFL Draft.
- Utah Hires Dennis Erickson as Co-offensive Coordinator
- Nike Co-Founder Now Believes Freeh Report Tarnished Paterno's Reputation
- Big East Eyes Split with 'Catholic 7' before 2014 Season
- Sue Paterno Defends Late Husband in Letter to Penn State Players
- Committee of 14-20 Members to Decide BCS Four-team Football Semifinal
- Judge Rejects NCAA Motion to Stop Anti-Trust Suit Filed by Ex-Players
- Football Schools to Fight for Big East Brand
- Manti Te'o and Looking Down at The Screen Decade
- NCAA Investigates Own Enforcement Program
- Te'o Claims Sorrow For Death of 'Girlfriend' Was Real
- Florida State QBs Coach Joins Miami as Offensive Coordinator
- LSU Gives Les Miles Two-Year Extension, Pay Raise
- Diane O'Meara Speaks About Te'o girlfriend Hoax
- Manti Te'o Breaks His Silence
- Businesses Try to Cash in on Manti Te'o Hoax
- Manti Te'o Denies Having Part in Girlfriend Hoax
- Texas A&M Rewards Kevin Sumlin with Pay Increase
- Oregon Promotes Offensive Coordinator Mark Helfrich to Head Coach
- Virginia Tech Completes Football Coaching Staff Overhaul
- Mississippi Prep Wideout Laquon Treadwell Commits to Ole Miss
- Man Reportedly Confessed Manti Te'o Girlfriend Hoax to Friend
- Chip Kelly leaves Oregon to coach NFL's Eagles
- Heisman Hopeful's Hoax? Notre Dame's Te'o Girlfriend's Death is Fake
- Quarterback Logan Thomas Staying at Virginia Tech
- Standout Prep Defensive End Tim Williams Commits to Alabama
- Notre Dame Running Back Cierre Wood to Enter NFL Draft
- USC Dismisses Kevin O'Neill as Basketball Coach After 7-10 Start
- Urban Meyer Admits Ohio State Has Challenge to Keep Up with Alabama
- Trio of Alabama Juniors, Including Running Back Lacy, to Join NFL Draft
- UCLA Rewards Football Coach Jim Mora with One-Year Contract Extension
- AJ McCarron's Girlfriend Katherine Webb is BCS Game Winner
- Syracuse Promotes Defensive Coordinator Scott Shafer to Head Coach
- Fighting Irish Loss is Urban Meyer's Gain
- Alabama Crushes Notre Dame for BCS National Title
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved