Notre Dame Loses Everett Golson due to Academics
South Bend, IN
Starting quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame due to academic-related issues.
Notre Dame refuses to discuss specifics as it is against federal law and the school's polices, according to spokesman Dennis Brown.
Golson started 11 games for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish last season as a redshirt freshman, leading the team to the Discover BCS National Championship, where it lost to Alabama to finish a 12-1 season.
He completed 187-of-318 passes for 2,405 yards and 12 touchdowns with six interceptions. Golson also rushed for 298 yards and six scores.
Golson's departure dampens coach Brian Kelly's hopes to see big improvement in its offense, with the Irish finishing 54th in the nation in total offense, including 71st in passing offense.
Senior Tommy Rees is the most experienced quarterback enrolled, with 18 career starts. The Irish also has fourth-year junior Andrew Hendrix and Malik Zaire, sixth-ranked QB prospect in the Class of 2013.
- Suspect Behind Howard's Rock Vandalism Arrested, Charged
- Southern Cal and Notre Dame Extend Football Series
- Oregon gets slap on wrist for recruitment violations
- Penn State Gives football coach Bill O'Brien $935K salary increase
- UCLA Recruits 8th-grade Texas QB Lindell Stone
- Clemson's Iconic Howard's Rock Vandalized
- NCAA Lifts Postseason Ban on UConn Men's Basketball Team
- Johns Hopkins and Maryland to Join Big Ten Men's Lacrosse
- Rutgers Postpones AD Julie Hermann's On-Campus Meetings
- Art Shell, Frank Cignetti Named to College Football Hall of Fame
- Nick Saban Says 9-game SEC Conference Schedule Should Boost Fan Interest
- Another Controversy Hits New Rutgers AD Julie Hermann
- Duke Downs Syracuse for Second Straight NCAA Lacrosse Title
- Rutgers Getting Another 'Abuser' in New AD Julie Hermann?
- Top Prep Cornerback Jabrill Peppers Picks Michigan
- Notre Dame Loses Everett Golson due to Academics
- Ohio State Boosts 2014 class with commitment from Booker
- Alabama's Nick Saban Saddened by ex-assistant Coach's Comments
- ACC eyes MSG, Barclays Center as possible hoop venues
- Top Prep Basketball Recruit Andrew Wiggins Joins Kansas
- Michigan's Brady Hoke Hits Notre Dame for Pulling out of Rivalry Game
- Incoming Freshman Noah Vonleh Could Remain Hoosier for four years
- NCAA Allows Review of Shot-Clock Violation, Out-of-Bounds Calls in Last 2 Minutes
- The NCAA's Injured and Abandoned Athletes
- Miami great Vinny Testaverde to be inducted into College Football Hall of Fame
- No. 1 North Carolina Just Fifth Seed in NCAA Men's Lacrosse Tournament
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved