ESPN's Jay Bilas & Seth Greenberg break down UConn's win over Villanova
Shabazz Napier scored 25 to lead No. 7 University of Connecticut Huskies past No. 2 Villanova Wildcats, 77-65 Saturday at First Niagara Center.
Lasan Kromah scored 12 points while DeAndre Daniels, Ryan Boatright and Terrence Samuel each had 11 for UConn (28-8).
Villanova (29-5) started with a 7-0 lead capped by Ryan Arcidiacono's 3-pointer.
Darrun Hilliard's 3 put Villanova up 19-9 with 11:30 left.
But UConn had 15 unanswered points to overtake Villanova 25-20 with 1:32 left in the opening period.
A JayVaughn Pinkston's free throw and another Arcidiacono 3-pointer cut UConn's lead to 25-24 at halftime.
The teams traded leads four times to open the second half, with Villanova taking the lead for the last time at 36-35 following a couple of 3-pointers by James Bell.
UConn had a 16-4 burst with Napier contributing eight points to earn a 51-40 lead.
Villanova managed to bring down the lead to 56-51 with 3:59 left.
But UConn buried them with a 9-2 run for a 65-52 advantage with just 1:38 left in the game.
Arcidiacono scored 18 while Bell had 14 points and Hilliard added 13 for Villanova.
Connecticut (28-8) advances to the Sweet Sixteen to face the Iowa State Cyclones who edged the North Carolina Tar Heels, 85-83.
Shabazz Napier Scores 25 to Fuel UConn Past Villanova
ESPN's Jay Bilas and Seth Greenberg break down UConn's advancement to the Sweet 16 with a win over Villanova
- Jeff Driskel and Florida Improve Offensively
- Is Mark Richt Holding Georgia Back?
- Life Without Johnny Football: Top Questions Facing Texas A&M
- Is Youth the X-Factor for LSU This Season?
- Where Alabama Needs the Most Improvement
- Is South Carolina an SEC East Favorite?
- Ruling Could Mean Future Shock for College Football
- UConn Tops Kentucky in NCAA Men's Basketball Championship
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: UConn Postgame Reaction
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: Kentucky Postgame Reaction
- NCAA Men's Championship Preview: Kentucky vs UConn
- Seth Davis Predicts The National Champion
- A Sophomore Saving Kentucky Wildcats
- Final Four: Aaron Harrison Trey Lifts Kentucky over Wisconsin
- Final Four: DeAndre Daniels Pushes UConn Past Florida
- Fearsome Final Foursome Head to North Texas
- Four Storylines Heading into the Final Four
- Northwestern Coach Wants Focus on Football, Not Union Matters
- Florida's Four Seniors Propel Gators into Final Four
- The Importance Behind Bo Ryan's First Trip to the Final Four
- Shabazz Napier Follows in Kemba Walker's Footsteps
- Mike Montgomery Pushes for Travis DeCuire as Replacement at Cal
- Football Playoff System, Heisman Contenders, and Top College Atmospheres
- Shabazz Napier: College Basketball's Best Player
- The Fall of the Michigan State Spartans
- Bo Ryan: College Basketball's Most Underrated Coach
- The Player Most Vital to the Wisconsin Badgers Success
- Why Florida has the Best Frontline in College Basketball
Article: Copyright © 2014, AHN - All Rights Reserved
"Shabazz Napier Scores 25 to Fuel UConn Past Villanova"