St. Louis, MO
Andrew Harrison had 20 points and Aaron Harrison added 19 as the Kentucky Wildcats edged the Wichita State Shockers, 78-76 Sunday at Scottrade Center.
Julius Randle contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds for the win.
Kentucky (26-10) took a 19-15 lead midway through the half before Wichita State forced a series of turnovers to grab their biggest lead at 32-23 lead with 4:35 left before halftime.
After Wichita State (35-1) enjoyed a 37-31 lead at the break, Cleanthony Early opened up the second period with another 3-pointer to match their biggest lead at 40-31.
After Kentucky rallied, the game was back-and-forth with neither team leading by more than five.
Kentucky took a 73-71 lead when James Young knocked down a 3-pointer with less than 2 minutes to go.
With 9.8 seconds left and Kentucky ahead 78-76, Andrew Harrison missed his second free throw and Early pulled down the rebound.
Fred VanVleet a potential game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer, allowing Kentucky to advance to the Sweet Sixteen against Louisville on Friday in Indianapolis.
Early scored 31 points and Ron Baker had 20 to lead Wichita State.
Harrison Twins Help Kentucky Shock Wichita State
Andrew Harrison scored 20 points, twin brother Aaron added 19 as Kentucky survived a potential winning 3-pointer at the buzzer by Fred VanVleet to knock off the undefeated Shockers with a 78-76 victory
- Jeff Driskel and Florida Improve Offensively
- Is Mark Richt Holding Georgia Back?
- Life Without Johnny Football: Top Questions Facing Texas A&M
- Is Youth the X-Factor for LSU This Season?
- Where Alabama Needs the Most Improvement
- Is South Carolina an SEC East Favorite?
- Ruling Could Mean Future Shock for College Football
- UConn Tops Kentucky in NCAA Men's Basketball Championship
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: UConn Postgame Reaction
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: Kentucky Postgame Reaction
- NCAA Men's Championship Preview: Kentucky vs UConn
- Seth Davis Predicts The National Champion
- A Sophomore Saving Kentucky Wildcats
- Final Four: Aaron Harrison Trey Lifts Kentucky over Wisconsin
- Final Four: DeAndre Daniels Pushes UConn Past Florida
- Fearsome Final Foursome Head to North Texas
- Four Storylines Heading into the Final Four
- Northwestern Coach Wants Focus on Football, Not Union Matters
- Florida's Four Seniors Propel Gators into Final Four
- The Importance Behind Bo Ryan's First Trip to the Final Four
- Shabazz Napier Follows in Kemba Walker's Footsteps
- Mike Montgomery Pushes for Travis DeCuire as Replacement at Cal
- Football Playoff System, Heisman Contenders, and Top College Atmospheres
- Shabazz Napier: College Basketball's Best Player
- The Fall of the Michigan State Spartans
- Bo Ryan: College Basketball's Most Underrated Coach
- The Player Most Vital to the Wisconsin Badgers Success
- Why Florida has the Best Frontline in College Basketball
Article: Copyright © 2014, AHN - All Rights Reserved
"Harrison Twins Help Kentucky Shock Wichita State"