Michael Frazier Scores 19 as Florida Sinks UCLA
Michael Frazier II drained five 3-pointers in scoring 19 to lead the Florida Gators in defeating the UCLA Bruins, 79-68 Thursday at FedExForum.
Scottie Wilbekin added 13 points for Florida, Casey Prather had 12 points and Dorian Finney-Smith scored 10 as Kasey Hill dished out 10 assists.
UCLA led 11-8 before Florida outscored them 16-5 and grab a 24-16 lead at 9:21 of the first half.
Florida (35-2) led 36-30 at halftime and used a 7-0 blast to expand it to 50-39 at 15:53 of the second.
UCLA (28-9) pulled within 56-55 on a layup by Norman Powell midway through the half.
But Dorian Finney-Smith hit a jumper to ignite a 10-point run capped by Wilbekin's 3-point play that gave Florida a 66-55 lead with 5:34 left.
UCLA cut their deficit to 68-63 before Florida, led by Casey Prather's five points, buried them with an 11-5 blast.
Florida will play 11th-seeded Dayton on Saturday night for a trip to the Final Four
Jordan Adams led UCLA with 17 points. Kyle Anderson had 11points, five assists and nine rebounds while Travis Wear added 1 points4.
UCLA Unable to handle Florida
Steve Alford on the loss to Florida
- Jeff Driskel and Florida Improve Offensively
- Is Mark Richt Holding Georgia Back?
- Life Without Johnny Football: Top Questions Facing Texas A&M
- Is Youth the X-Factor for LSU This Season?
- Where Alabama Needs the Most Improvement
- Is South Carolina an SEC East Favorite?
- Ruling Could Mean Future Shock for College Football
- UConn Tops Kentucky in NCAA Men's Basketball Championship
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: UConn Postgame Reaction
- Inside the 2014 NCAA Championship: Kentucky Postgame Reaction
- NCAA Men's Championship Preview: Kentucky vs UConn
- Seth Davis Predicts The National Champion
- A Sophomore Saving Kentucky Wildcats
- Final Four: Aaron Harrison Trey Lifts Kentucky over Wisconsin
- Final Four: DeAndre Daniels Pushes UConn Past Florida
- Fearsome Final Foursome Head to North Texas
- Four Storylines Heading into the Final Four
- Northwestern Coach Wants Focus on Football, Not Union Matters
- Florida's Four Seniors Propel Gators into Final Four
- The Importance Behind Bo Ryan's First Trip to the Final Four
- Shabazz Napier Follows in Kemba Walker's Footsteps
- Mike Montgomery Pushes for Travis DeCuire as Replacement at Cal
- Football Playoff System, Heisman Contenders, and Top College Atmospheres
- Shabazz Napier: College Basketball's Best Player
- The Fall of the Michigan State Spartans
- Bo Ryan: College Basketball's Most Underrated Coach
- The Player Most Vital to the Wisconsin Badgers Success
- Why Florida has the Best Frontline in College Basketball
Article: Copyright © 2014, AHN - All Rights Reserved
"Michael Frazier Scores 19 as Florida Sinks UCLA"