Big 12 Admits Blown Calls in Kansas-Iowa State Game
The Big 12 Conference has admitted that game officials blew two crucial calls in Monday's encounter between No. 5 Kansas and Iowa State.
"The Big 12 Conference acknowledges that officiating errors were made at the end of regulation during last night's Kansas at Iowa State men's basketball game," league officials said in a statement issued Tuesday.
Game officials missed a potential charging violation against Jayhawks' Elijah Johnson in the closing seconds of regulation.
Then, the referees whistled Iowa State's Georges Niang for a foul as he and Johnson battled for the ball.
Johnson sank a pair of score-tying free throws to force overtime. He then scored 12 of his career-high 39 points in the extra period to lead the Jayhawks to a 108-96 victory.
"The plays have been reviewed and appropriate measures will be taken by the Coordinator of Men's Basketball Officials to adjust the number of future assignments for the two officials involved in conjunction with Conference policies," the statement added.
The win helped the Jayhawks remain on top of the Big 12 Conference together with rival No. 13 Kansas State with identical 12-3 records.
The loss dropped the Cyclones to 19-9.
- Johnny Manziel Takes Out Insurance Against College Football Injuries
- ACC to Open Doors for Notre Dame this Summer
- UTEP's Tim Floyd talks to USC about coaching vacancy
- Sonny Dykes to Make $9.7M over five years as Cal Football Coach
- Xavier and Butler to Join Catholic 7 in New Big East
- ACC May Implement Court Storming Fines After Krzyzewski Incident
- NCAA Places St. Mary's Basketball Program on 4-year probation
- Rutgers Women's Hoop Coach Vivian Stringer Reaches 900 Win Milestone
- Alabama Boots Four Football Players Charged with Robbery
- Big 12 Admits Blown Calls in Kansas-Iowa State Game
- NCAA Fires VP for Enforcement, Admits Flaws in Miami Probe
- Four Crimson Tide Freshmen Arrested for Robbery, Fraudulent Credit Card Use
- Big Ten Teams to Stop Scheduling Games Against FCS Teams
- 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Utah Hires Dennis Erickson as Co-offensive Coordinator
- Nike Co-Founder Now Believes Freeh Report Tarnished Paterno's Reputation
- Big East Eyes Split with 'Catholic 7' before 2014 Season
- Sue Paterno Defends Late Husband in Letter to Penn State Players
- Committee of 14-20 Members to Decide BCS Four-team Football Semifinal
- Judge Rejects NCAA Motion to Stop Anti-Trust Suit Filed by Ex-Players
- Football Schools to Fight for Big East Brand
- Manti Te'o and Looking Down at The Screen Decade
- NCAA Investigates Own Enforcement Program
- Te'o Claims Sorrow For Death of 'Girlfriend' Was Real
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved