Louisville Guard Kevin Ware Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery
NCAA College Basketball
After undergoing successful surgery to repair a broken right leg, Louisville sophomore guard Kevin Ware can now move around on crutches in his hospital room.
Louisville senior associate athletic director for media relations Kenny Klein tweeted a photo of Ware walking around on crutches following a visit Monday.
Ware's horrific injury left some teammates and opponents in tears after seeing a bone pop out of his leg in the first half of the Cardinals' 85-63 victory over Duke in the Midwest Regional final.
The team also brought the Midwest Regional trophy to Ware's bedside Sunday night.
In a conference call, Louisville coach Rick Pitino said Ware was excited that he brought the Midwest trophy to the hospital.
"He was real excited about it. I said to him, You want me to bring it back or stay with you? He said, it's staying with me. I said, All right, just make sure you don't lose it," Pitino said.
Pitino said Ware could return to Louisville tomorrow if no infection develops from the injury.
Ware could join them in Atlanta and watch the Cardinal battle Wichita State in the Final Four.
"Kevin will be with us. As you know, he is from Atlanta. He gets to go home and be with his family and be with us on the bench," he said.
We're getting our first glimpse at Louisville's sophomore guard Kevin Wear, following his gruesome leg injury during Sunday's NCAA game against Duke.
Kevin Ware recovering after shocking leg injury
- Rutgers Negotiating Eddie Jordan for Head Coaching Vacancy
- Yale Wins First NCAA National Hockey Title
- Michigan Survives Late Syracuse Rally
- Hancock and Smith Shine as Louisville Advances to NCAA Title Game
- Rutgers President Under Scrutiny for Handling of Ex-Basketball Coach
- Richard Pitino to Coach Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Louisville Guard Kevin Ware Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery
- Louisville Blows by Duke to Second Straight Final Four Appearance
- Nik Stauskas Lifts Michigan to Final Four for First Time in 20 Years
- Wichita State Shocks Ohio State, Dances into Final Four
- Syracuse Shuts Down Marquette, 55-39
- UCLA Hires Coach Steve Alford Away from New Mexico
- Florida Ends Florida Gulf Coasts's Cinderella Run
- Florida Outhustles Florida Gulf Coast
- Russ Smith Scores 31 as Louisville Ousts Oregon
- Michigan Caps Comeback with OT Victory over Kansas
- Seth Curry Leads Duke Past Michigan State
- Basketball Head Coach Brad Stevens Staying at Butler
- UCLA Said to be Targeting Butler Coach Brad Stevens
- Michael Carter-Williams Stars as Syracuse Upsets Top Seed Indiana
- LaQuinton Ross Trey Lifts Ohio State Past Arizona, into Elite Eight
- Marquette Dominates Miami in Sweet 16
- Wichita State Cruises Past La Salle
- Florida Gulf Coast Trying to Stay Focused
- Florida Gulf Coast Coach Enfield Denies Having Vast Wealth
- Cowboys Stadium to Host 2015 BCS Football Title Game
- 2013 NCAA Tournament Photo Reflections
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved