Florida Ends Florida Gulf Coasts's Cinderella Run
NCAA College Basketball
Mike Rosario scored 15 points and Scottie Wilbekin added 13 as the defensive-minded Florida Gators put an end on the Florida Gulf Coast's Cinderella run, 62-50, Friday night at Cowboys Stadium.
The Gators are back in the Elite Eight and they did it by ending one of the most memorable campaigns in NCAA tournament history.
Florida recovered from a double-digit deficit early, leaning on their stifling defense to get them past the Eagles.
The Gators, ranked 8th in the nation in defense, solved the FGCU's run-and-gun offense and asserted their height advantage in the shaded lane.
Florida simply overwhelmed FGCU in the battle for the boards 30-27 and forced their foes to commit 20 turnovers.
Sherwood Brown, the only senior in the Eagles' starting lineup, ended his college career with 14 points and 6 rebound while Chase Fieler added 12 in a losing effort.
With the victory, the Gators arranged an intriguing regional finals clash with Michigan Wolverines for a spot in the Final Four.
Mike Rosario had 15 points and 5 boards to lead Florida to a 62-50 victory over cinderella, Florida Gulf Coast on Friday night
Florida Gulf Coast vs. Florida highlights
- Rutgers Negotiating Eddie Jordan for Head Coaching Vacancy
- Yale Wins First NCAA National Hockey Title
- Michigan Survives Late Syracuse Rally
- Hancock and Smith Shine as Louisville Advances to NCAA Title Game
- Rutgers President Under Scrutiny for Handling of Ex-Basketball Coach
- Richard Pitino to Coach Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Louisville Guard Kevin Ware Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery
- Louisville Blows by Duke to Second Straight Final Four Appearance
- Nik Stauskas Lifts Michigan to Final Four for First Time in 20 Years
- Wichita State Shocks Ohio State, Dances into Final Four
- Syracuse Shuts Down Marquette, 55-39
- UCLA Hires Coach Steve Alford Away from New Mexico
- Florida Ends Florida Gulf Coasts's Cinderella Run
- Florida Outhustles Florida Gulf Coast
- Russ Smith Scores 31 as Louisville Ousts Oregon
- Michigan Caps Comeback with OT Victory over Kansas
- Seth Curry Leads Duke Past Michigan State
- Basketball Head Coach Brad Stevens Staying at Butler
- UCLA Said to be Targeting Butler Coach Brad Stevens
- Michael Carter-Williams Stars as Syracuse Upsets Top Seed Indiana
- LaQuinton Ross Trey Lifts Ohio State Past Arizona, into Elite Eight
- Marquette Dominates Miami in Sweet 16
- Wichita State Cruises Past La Salle
- Florida Gulf Coast Trying to Stay Focused
- Sweet 16 Preview: Florida Gulf Coast vs. Florida
- Sweet 16 Preview: Michigan St vs. Duke
- Sweet 16 Preview: Syracuse vs. Indiana
- Sweet 16 Preview: Oregon vs. Louisville
- Sweet 16 Preview: La Salle vs. Wichita State
- Sweet 16 Preview: Michigan vs. Kansas
- Shaka Smart Agrees to Stay at VCU until 2023
- Notre Dame Losses All Four 2012 Class Players
- Northwestern Close to Head Coaching Deal with Chris Collins
- Florida Gulf Coast Coach Enfield Denies Having Vast Wealth
- Cowboys Stadium to Host 2015 BCS Football Title Game
- 2013 NCAA Tournament Photo Reflections
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved