Los Angeles, CA
Singer Taylor Swift has opened up about her widely scrutinized love life, revealing that despite reports, she has 'dated exactly two people' since 2010.
The 'two people' she was referring to are Connor Kennedy and One Direction's Harry Styles. "If you want some big revelation, since 2010 I have dated exactly two people," she said in an interview for the latest issue of Vanity Fair magazine.
Swift's relationship with the two young bachelors was highly publicized and sensationalized by the media. She dated then 17-year-old Kennedy for two months in 2012, and shortly after, she went out with Styles, only to let him go shortly after New Year.
According to a source, Styles was all "like, 'You're amazing-I want to be with you. I want to do this,'" at the beginning, but his playboy ways would not work for Swift, who felt "like he's looking at every girl" the whole time, so she broke it off.
Meanwhile, Swift also commented on being linked to almost any guy she is seen with, saying, "[T]he fact that there are slide shows of a dozen guys that I either hugged on a red carpet or met for lunch or wrote a song with…it's just kind of ridiculous. It's why I have to avoid the tabloid part of our culture, because they turn you into a fictional character."
Asked if Swift was boy-crazy, the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer said, "For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that's taking something that potentially should be celebrated—a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way—that's taking it and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist."
Throughout her career, excluding the ones she is known to have dated including Jake Gylenhaal, John Mayer, Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas, Swift has been linked to male celebrities—most recently Englsh singer Ed Sheeran.
The singing star tells Vanity Fair that claims she's a "clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend" are totally wrong. Get the scoop.
Taylor Swift Opens Up About Her Love Life
- Justin Bieber Apologizes for Late Appearance to London Concert
- Taylor Swift Opens Up About Her Love Life
- Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience:' 5 Things to Know
- Lady Gaga Unaired FAME Clip Sparks Gun Controversy
- OneRepublic On EDM Remixes & Spirit Animals
- Has Kanye West Rant Rampage Gone Too Far?
- Jimi Hendrix: Never-before-heard recordings to be released
- Behind the Scenes of Britt Nicole's 'Gold' Video
- One Direction Named 'Worst Band' By NME
- Gotye, Mumford and Sons Take Top Honors at 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Grammy Award Winners
- Justin Bieber Makes Up For Failed Live Chat with Fans by Uploading New Song
- Justin Timberlake Drops New Single 'Suit and Tie'
- 2013 Grammy Awards Highlight Music's Biggest Acts
- Listen: 2013 Grammy Award Nominees
- Country Music Well Represented in 2013 Grammy Awards Race
- Who's the Best New Artist?
- Most Anticipated Music Moments of 2013
- Penelope Cruz Sings in Sexy New Music Video
- The Latest In Underground Music From Big K.R.I.T. and Allen Stone
- New Music Soon From David Bowie
- Matthew Davies performs 'Wish Peak'
- Matthew Davies Performs 'Let Her Know'
- The Latest Underground Music From SchoolBoy Q, Gary Clark Jr., and D-WHY
- Lady Antebellum's Star Rises
Copyright 2013, AHN - All Rights Reserved