Marian Hossa Expected to Play
2013 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4
After missing Game 3 due to an upper-body injury, Chicago Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa is expected to play in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals against the Boston Bruins, according to coach Joel Quenneville.
"Not going to go exactly where the injury is or [when it] occurred, but I'm going to say he's likely to play tomorrow night," said Quenneville, who refused to detail why Hossa was scratched from Monday's game after joining the pregame warm-up.
Ben Smith, who did not take part in the warmups, subbed in for Hossa, who is tied for the team's lead with 15 points in the playoffs
However, Quenneville said the Blackhawks was aware that that there was a possibility that Hossa would not play and it had nothing to do with anything that happened in warm-ups.
"He would have taken warm-up if we wanted him to take warm-up," Quenneville said. "He knew there was a chance he was going to play. So he was getting himself ready. I just didn't want to tip our hand that there was something going on."
Quenneville said the team does not disclose injuries, particularly during the playoffs.
The Bruins took Game 3, 2-0, to take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series. Game 4 will be played at TD Garden.
2013 Stanley Cup Finals Game 4: Marian Hossa Expected to Play
- Daniel Alfredsson, Stephen Weiss Eye Stanley Cup with Red Wings
- Flyers sign netminder Ray Emery to one-year deal
- Flyers Claude Giroux signs one of NHL's richest deals
- Stars Acquire Veteran Center Shawn Horcoff from Oilers
- Capitals Captain Alex Ovechkin named All-Star Twice
- Devils Trade Ninth Pick to Canucks for Goalie Cory Schneider
- Avalanche Pick Center Nathan MacKinnon as Number 1 Overall
- Daniel Alfredsson to return to Senators next season
- Blackhawks Praise Boston in Full-Page Newspaper Ad
- Mark Messier Denies Leaving Rangers for Not Getting Coaching Post
- Goalie Steve Mason Ready to Start for Flyers
- Canucks Hire John Tortorella as New Coach
- Dave Bolland Nets Game-Winner as Blackhawks Win 2013 Stanley Cup
- Blackhawks Take Game 5, Close in on Stanley Cup
- Despite Lockout, NHL attendance and TV viewership up
- Lindy Ruff hired to coach Dallas Stars
- Sharks sign Raffi Torres to three-year pact
- Coyotes, coach Dave Tippett agree on long-term deal
- Hockeytown on the Move: New $650M Home to be Built for Detroit Red Wings
- Brent Seabrook stars as Blackhawks take Game 4 to tie series
- Predators Sign defenseman Victor Bartley to three-year Deal
- Tuukka Rask Shutout Lifts Bruins Over Blackhawks
- Marian Hossa Expected to Play
- Daniel Paille OT Goal Lifts Bruins over BlackHawks
- Alex Ovechkin Voted 2013 NHL MVP
- Blackhawks Jonathan Toews Named NHL's Top Defensive Forward
- Shaw Nets Winner as Blackhawks Outlast Bruins in Triple OT
- Penguins Sign Evgeni Malkin to eight-year extension
- Sabres Allow Rangers to Interview ex-coach Lindy Ruff
- NHL to Implement Mandatory Visor Use for New Players
- Patrick Kane Hat Trick Lifts Blackhawks to Stanley Cup Finals
- Bruins Goalie Tuukka Rask Shuts Out Penguins for Series Sweep
- Marian Hossa Scores Game-winner as Blackhawks Take 3-1 lead
- Patrice Bergeron Nets Game-Winner as Bruins Notch 3-0 edge
- Slava Voynov, Jonathan Quick Shine as Kings Take Game 3
- Bruins Crush Penguins in Game 2, Take 2-0 Series Lead
Copyright © 2013 AHN - All Rights Reserved