Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
Shiny Beautiful Hair
Getting a glossy, mega-watt mane doesn’t need to take a village to accomplish. Here are a few easy tricks to give your hair mirror-like shine, just in time for summer.
1. One of the best secrets to getting shiny hair is using a boar- bristle brush.
The gentle bristles distribute your scalp’s natural oils over the hair shaft, making your hair lustrous and smooth.
2. When you blow-dry your hair, point the nozzle down the hair shaft to help smooth the hair cuticle so that it lays flat and reflects more light.
When you point the nozzle up or into the hair shaft, you get more frizz and a dull finish.
3. Rinse with cold water.
Blast your mane with a cold-water rinse at the end of a shower to close and seal the cuticle of the hair, allowing for maximum glossiness and smoothness -- plus less frizz.
4. Deeper hair colors are best at reflecting light
So tint your hair one or two shades darker than your natural hair color to amp up your hue’s luster factor.
5. Straighten your hair.
Curly hair bends and curves, making it more difficult for light to bounce off of each strand evenly -- . Tthe sleeker and straighter the hair, the greater the glint.
6. After following steps one through five ...
Top off your already shiny hair with a smoothing cream or serum, which blocks hair from humidity and frizz, and will help maintain your beautiful, smooth, shiny style.
Polly Blitzer is a beauty and style expert who has been a women's magazine editor for over 10 years. She's the founder of BeautyBlitz.com and a contributing editor at InStyle magazine.
- Love Your Body in a Bathing Suit
- Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
- The Beauty Rules of Order
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Dress Better Than Your Boyfriend
- Solutions for Oily Hair
- Summer Hair Protection
- How to Build a Year-round Wardrobe
- From the It Bag to the Do-it-your-way Bag
- How to Dye Your Hair at Home
- The Most Gorgeous Hair in Sports
- Pluck Your Eyebrows Like a Pro
- Fashion Runway-Style Hair
- From Neglected to Natural Nails
- Look Fashionable on Any Budget
- Weatherproof Beauty
- Buh-Bye, Bed Head!
- Fight Frizz Before It Starts
- Be Your Best in a Dress
- The DIY Blow dry
- Gorgeous Hair: Getting Most from Conditioners
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- Day-to-night Chic in a Flash
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Beauty SOS
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.