Mature Makeup Makeovers
Tasha Reiko Brown
The questions women ask me most often aren’t the trend-of-the-season kind. They’re the corrective kind related to skin issues. As time marches on, so should the contents of our makeup bag. Textures and tones need to be reconsidered in order to keep up a flattering look for our ever-changing face.
Primers are mature skin’s best friend. They fill in fine lines, brighten skin and diffuse small imperfections. A lid primer can hold shadow on loose lids and fight
oils that build up in the folds of crepey lids. I recommend both a foundation primer and a lid primer as great skin prep.
Mature skin tends to be drier and appears less vibrant. Get that youthful glow back with a luminizer. Whether you choose a powder or liquid, a luminizer placed on the cheekbones, bridge of nose and temples adds a glow that looks natural and fresh.
While shimmer looks great on the skin, it can be very unflattering on a mature eye, drawing attention to crepey lids. Opt instead for sheen in the inner corners of the eyes and a satin or matte shade on the lids.
The lip area also shows signs of age, with the corners sagging a bit due to loss of volume and environmental factors (sun exposure and -- the worst culprit of all -- smoking), creating fine lines that can make stay-put lip color a challenge. To counter this, lightly brush a translucent powder over and just around your lips to fill in any lines. Then apply a lip liner in a shade that matches your lipstick. The wax in the pencil forms a border that will help keep your lipstick from sliding out of bounds.
The important thing about a mature makeup makeover is to stay fresh! Give the latest trends a try -- just be mindful of the textures and prep that your skin needs to look its loveliest.
Celebrity makeup artist Tasha Reiko Brown helps get celebrities radiant for photo shoots and countless red carpet events.
- Be Product-ive With Your Hair
- Mature Makeup Makeovers
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- Summer Style Rules for Work
- Hot Summer Trends at Cool Prices
- Stop Oily Skin This Summer
- The Boom in Full-figure Bras
- Extreme Hair Makeover: Are You Ready for It?
- Wake up Sleepy Eyes
- Fashion Week Nail Trends
- Protect Your Hair on Vacation
- Simple Ways to Go Green in Your Beauty Routine
- Spa Treatments From Your Kitchen
- Love Your Body in a Bathing Suit
- Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
- The Beauty Rules of Order
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Dress Better Than Your Boyfriend
- Solutions for Oily Hair
- Summer Hair Protection
- How to Build a Year-round Wardrobe
- From the It Bag to the Do-it-your-way Bag
- How to Dye Your Hair at Home
- The Most Gorgeous Hair in Sports
- Pluck Your Eyebrows Like a Pro
- Fashion Runway-Style Hair
- From Neglected to Natural Nails
- Look Fashionable on Any Budget
- Weatherproof Beauty
- Buh-Bye, Bed Head!
- Fight Frizz Before It Starts
- Be Your Best in a Dress
- The DIY Blow dry
- Gorgeous Hair: Getting Most from Conditioners
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- Day-to-night Chic in a Flash
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Beauty SOS
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.