Give Your Man a Style Makeover
Give Your Man a Style Makeover
Sure your man is adorable, but what guy couldn’t use a woman’s touch when it comes to his style?
Here are some simple ways to start making over your man:
Ask His Opinion
Get his opinion on guys’ outfits and manly accessories as you come across them in magazines, while window-shopping or while you’re out and about. The occasional “That would look great on you!” will do wonders to see how responsive he is to even having an opinion about man clothes. And he may even surprise you by discussing other items he’s seen.
Source the Issue
If you find your guy resisting change, there may be a deeper issue. Guys have insecurities too, so take that into account before approaching him. Is he sensitive about his weight? Does his financial situation have him in a budget pinch?
Pick Your Battles
He’ll dodge the subject if you come up with a laundry list of things he needs to change. Instead, begin by deciding what single issue is most important to you and tackling that -- say, his out-of-date acid-washed jeans or frat-boy tees.
Encourage Him to Compare Sizes
“No matter what he is wearing, if it doesn’t fit, it will still look sloppy,” says Godfried Addae, owner and image consultant at The Urbane Gentleman in St. Louis. “Left to their own devices, men will buy clothes that are either too large or too small.” Encourage your man to try on two sizes of the same clothing item so he can compare the fit.
Make Some Wise Investments
Help your man invest in some classic, high-quality pieces. Avoid trends and stick to such versatile items as button-down collared shirts, dark jeans and a nice sports coat for professional occasions.
Alison Bills is the editor in chief of SheKnows.com and its family of women-centric sites.
- 10 Easy Ways to Wear Citrus
- Manage Your Hair in the Heat
- From Damaged Hair to Dazzling Hair
- Keep Your Faux Tan Going
- Vampire Makeup
- The Right Style of Bangs for Your Face
- Deep Side Parts
- Year-round Sunscreen Secrets
- Get That Celebrity Look
- The Perfect Jeans Wardrobe
- The Best Lighting for Makeup Application
- Post-Summer Skin and Hair Rehab
- Give Your Man a Style Makeover
- Quick Tips for Beautiful Hair
- Hassle-free Haircuts for Busy Moms
- Trend Alert: Matte Hair Styles
- Brazilian Blowout
- Keep Your Favorite Clothes Looking Like New
- 1980s Style: Take 2
- Get That Look
- What to Pack for a Weekend Getaway
- Beauty Below the Chin
- Anti-Frizz Products for Medium - Thick Hair
- The Right Haircut for Your Personality
- Be a Beautiful Brunette
- Secrets to Getting Gorgeous Hair
- Personalize This Summer's Trends
- Be Product-ive With Your Hair
- Mature Makeup Makeovers
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- Summer Style Rules for Work
- Hot Summer Trends at Cool Prices
- Stop Oily Skin This Summer
- The Boom in Full-figure Bras
- Extreme Hair Makeover: Are You Ready for It?
- Wake up Sleepy Eyes
- Fashion Week Nail Trends
- Protect Your Hair on Vacation
- Simple Ways to Go Green in Your Beauty Routine
- Spa Treatments From Your Kitchen
- Love Your Body in a Bathing Suit
- Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
- The Beauty Rules of Order
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Dress Better Than Your Boyfriend
- Solutions for Oily Hair
- Summer Hair Protection
- How to Build a Year-round Wardrobe
- From the It Bag to the Do-it-your-way Bag
- How to Dye Your Hair at Home
- The Most Gorgeous Hair in Sports
- Pluck Your Eyebrows Like a Pro
- Fashion Runway-Style Hair
- From Neglected to Natural Nails
- Look Fashionable on Any Budget
- Weatherproof Beauty
- Buh-Bye, Bed Head!
- Fight Frizz Before It Starts
- Be Your Best in a Dress
- The DIY Blow dry
- Gorgeous Hair: Getting Most from Conditioners
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- Day-to-night Chic in a Flash
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Beauty SOS
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.