Top Makeup Tips From New York Fashion Week
Bright color was seen on all the runways at the recent Spring/Summer 2011 New York Fashion Week, and it trickled right down to the eyes, lips and cheeks. Here are five ways you can translate the trend in your everyday life.
1. Isolate the color.
Beautiful bursts of color were seen everywhere in makeup on the runways. But you can use just one bold color on one area of your face for an equally fresh and modern look. Try a shimmery semisheer bright-orange eye shadow or a semisheer bright-pink lip stain.
2. Use a bolder blush.
Many of the looks featured various takes on the cheek, but most used more vivid blushes. Try a bright peach with touches of gold. This combination looks great on almost all skin tones and will have a more modern feel than bronzer.
3. Try a softer smoky eye.
Shadow, rather than liner, was used to line the eyes, and the least popular color was black. Try deep, lustrous purple, steel, gunmetal gray, deep bronze or taupe around the eyes, followed by lots of mascara to define the eye even more.
4. Go for a colorful yet soft mouth.
Many shows brought back color for the mouth but in slightly softer, more diffused finishes. Try a semimatte orange/red shade or a semisheer fuchsia pink.
5. Stick with lipstick not lip gloss.
Whether the look was colorful or nude, most lips didn’t feature a high shine. Lipsticks can have a multitude of finishes, so instead of piling on gloss, try a moisturizing lip stain or a semisheer lipstick with a touch of sheen.
Risi-Leanne Baranja is the author of the Palacinka Beauty Blog, which helps take the guesswork out of buying beauty products.
Available at Amazon.com
- Revise Your Wardrobe for Fall
- Skin Care Smarts
- Banish Dry Winter Skin
- Cold-weather Hair Care
- Top Makeup Tips From New York Fashion Week
- Seeing Red? Tomato-red Hair Color
- 5 Steps to Smoky Eyes
- How to Wear Prints This Fall
- Dry Shampoo Techniques
- Top 3 Radiance-Boosting Beauty Tricks
- How to Tame Your Curly Textured Hair
- New and Improved: The Jegging
- Integrate 'Mad Men' Fashion Style Into Your Wardrobe
- Dress Away the Pounds
- Beauty Habits That Add on Years
- Treats for Skin
- The Perfect Face for Special Events
- Get Glowing All Over Beauty Treatments
- Change Your Hair Color Change Your Makeup
- The Costume Hater's Guide to Halloween
- Decoding Cosmetics Labels: A Little Sleuthing Can Tell You a Lot
- Five Must-have Fall Accessories
- Top 3 Fall and Winter Hair Trends
- Fashion Rules to Break
- How to Stretch Your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall
- Backstage Beauty from Runway to Real Way
- Style Extras to Make You Look Like a Rock Star
- Your Man's Grooming
- Flaunting Your Freckles
- The 411 on Facials
- Foods for Beautiful Skin
- How to Cover Grays
- 6 Tricks for Shiny Hair
- 5 Steps to Fabulous Fall Hair
- Keep Your Faux Tan Going
- Vampire Makeup
- The Right Style of Bangs for Your Face
- Deep Side Parts
- Year-round Sunscreen Secrets
- Get That Celebrity Look
- The Perfect Jeans Wardrobe
- The Best Lighting for Makeup Application
- Post-Summer Skin and Hair Rehab
- Give Your Man a Style Makeover
- Quick Tips for Beautiful Hair
- Hassle-free Haircuts for Busy Moms
- Trend Alert: Matte Hair Styles
- Brazilian Blowout
- Keep Your Favorite Clothes Looking Like New
- 1980s Style: Take 2
- Get That Look
- What to Pack for a Weekend Getaway
- Beauty Below the Chin
- Anti-Frizz Products for Medium - Thick Hair
- The Right Haircut for Your Personality
- Be a Beautiful Brunette
- Secrets to Getting Gorgeous Hair
- Personalize This Summer's Trends
- Be Product-ive With Your Hair
- Mature Makeup Makeovers
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- Summer Style Rules for Work
- Hot Summer Trends at Cool Prices
- Stop Oily Skin This Summer
- The Boom in Full-figure Bras
- Extreme Hair Makeover: Are You Ready for It?
- Wake up Sleepy Eyes
- Fashion Week Nail Trends
- Protect Your Hair on Vacation
- Simple Ways to Go Green in Your Beauty Routine
- Spa Treatments From Your Kitchen
- Love Your Body in a Bathing Suit
- Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
- The Beauty Rules of Order
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Dress Better Than Your Boyfriend
- Solutions for Oily Hair
- Summer Hair Protection
- How to Build a Year-round Wardrobe
- From the It Bag to the Do-it-your-way Bag
- How to Dye Your Hair at Home
- The Most Gorgeous Hair in Sports
- Pluck Your Eyebrows Like a Pro
- Fashion Runway-Style Hair
- From Neglected to Natural Nails
- Look Fashionable on Any Budget
- Weatherproof Beauty
- Buh-Bye, Bed Head!
- Fight Frizz Before It Starts
- Be Your Best in a Dress
- The DIY Blow dry
- Gorgeous Hair: Getting Most from Conditioners
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- Day-to-night Chic in a Flash
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Beauty SOS
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.