How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
This spring, pastels will be everywhere in beauty collections, mirroring the soft and feminine looks that were seen on the spring / summer 2011 fashion runways.
Some of the prettiest makeup shades to incorporate this spring are powdery lilac, buttery yellow, baby-soft pink, peach and tangerine, along with pale shimmery blue and green.
You might be thinking, "I'll never be able to carry off these colors." They are a departure from your everyday neutrals, but here are some tips on how you can easily (and confidently) wear pastel shades.
1. Use pastels on the nails.
If you're on the fence, fingernails are the perfect canvas for self-expression this spring. Try pale pinks or light purples with a bit of shimmer, metallic or even a glitter finish for fun. Mint green and baby blue are also lovely on nails.
2. Try a pastel eye shadow palette.
By blending several shades, you'll be able to try different color combinations that you might not have ever worn before. Pale yellow or key lime green blend beautifully with brown, gold and beige, and pink eye shadow can be layered with cream and champagne shades for a flirty spring look. Don't forget to go a little lighter with the eye liner by using medium or light brown for some definition; then add lots of mascara to make the eyes pop with the colors you've chosen.
3. Try a new lip shade.
Tangerines, corals and soft pinks are all perfect ways to create a spring-worthy pastel pout. If you have dark skin tones, choose shades that are without frost and slightly sheer. While everyone can experiment with a shimmery finish for nighttime, if you really want to make a statement, try a creamy matte formula.
Available at Amazon.com
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.