Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
Brunettes Are Back
Dying your hair a new color is one of the quickest ways to change your overall look. Just take a look at Lauren Conrad, Hilary Duff and Khloe Kardashian.
After flirting with reddish and blond hues, these A-listers sought out instant gratification and all resorted back to their natural brunette shade.
"It's a trend for celebrities right now to stand out from the bright, buttery blond that most starlets are," says celebrity colorist and Color Director Marie Robinson of Clairol, who has worked with Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman.
"Celebs have become bigger style icons than editorial models, which is why the trend is catching on."
Depending on how you carry your brunette locks, your look can go from very natural to sultry and sexy, which is far from boring. Since the color reflects light very well, your hair will always look shiny. Resorting back to your natural color is also a smart way to give your hair a break and allow it to get back into peak condition before your next big change.
Jeannine Morris is an on-air expert who regularly appears on E!, NBC, CBS, FOX, LXTV and BetterTV. She contributes to Cosmopolitan, iVillage.com, MyGloss.com, Examiner.com and BeautyFeed.com. Morris is the founder and editor in chief of BeautySweetSpot.com.
Available at Amazon.com
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.