Spring's Fresh Makeup Shades
Spring Makeup Shades
It may be spring, but there's nothing whisper-light or sheer about this season's hottest shades.
They're vibrant, highly pigmented and far from subtle. Even the typically softer, sweeter spring trends (think: cotton-candy pinks and citrusy oranges) take a turn to the richer side.
Here's how to make a fresh statement with a bold pop of color.
Electric Pink Cheeks
Start on the apples and sweep color up and toward the hairline. For a more dramatic look, dust high on the cheekbones and blend toward the temple. Fuchsia lids are a sleek alternative. Warning: Don't do both at the same time -- unless you love the rag-doll look.
Not just for the holidays anymore, metallic gray shadows have made their way into warm weather. Less shimmery than their winter counterparts, spring's version is richer and creamier with a touch of silver iridescence. Update your smoky eye with a hit of silver. If industrial-chic lids aren't your thing, go for gray nails.
Retro Red Lips
Big, bold matte color makes the surprise statement of the season. Find the shade that works best with your skin tone and rock it like it's 1930.
Stacy Baker has written for InStyle, Shape, Self, Fitness, Family Circle and Prevention. She was previously Sephora's editorial director and the executive editor of Life & Style Weekly
Available at Amazon.com
- Spring's Fresh Makeup Shades
- Spring Makeup: Sunny Colors
- The Best Blondes for Spring
- The Hottest Nail Colors This Season
- Six Tips for Sporting Denim This Spring
- Simple Ways to Spring-clean Your Closet
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.