Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
Spring Skin Care
Spring! We're finally out of hibernation. If you're like me, you may need a little prep work before baring a fresh, warm-weather face. These three skin care musts are a great Rx for sloughing off winter layers, rehydrating parched skin and protecting it through the coming season.
1. Daily and weekly exfoliators.
By the time spring hits, winter has left my face feeling like a dry clay desert -- and it's not pretty. The easiest way to refresh is with an intense weekly exfoliating treatment, followed by an application of a deep moisturizer. Keep up the radiant, fresh-faced look with gentle daily cleansers that contain exfoliating beads. A tech-savvy alternative is the cleansing facial brushes that use sonic vibration to impart a deep clean and smooth, supple skin.
2. Renewing serum.
Spring is the season of rebirth, so it makes sense to start with your skin cells. There are a slew of new skin-renewers that promise to increase cell turnover, rejuvenate stem cells and stimulate collagen production. For the brightest glow, look for formulas that hydrate while they slough.
3. A lightweight SPF powder foundation.
I'm obsessed with finding the perfect flawless finish. When temperatures rise, it's all about trading the heavier coverage of the winter months for formulas that look more natural and last through the heat. My current go-tos are the brush-powder combos with SPF. They're perfect for midday, post-workout or after-work touchups. I keep my favorites stashed in my gym bag and tote as a reminder that I also need sun protection.
Stacy Baker has written for InStyle, Shape, Self, Fitness, Family Circle and Prevention. She was previously Sephora's editorial director and the executive editor of Life & Style Weekly. Baker collaborated with author Tosca Reno to write Your Best Body Now.
Available at Amazon.com
- Make Over Your Spring Skin Care
- Hair Styles: 1920s-inspired Waves
- Hair Color Trend: Brunettes Are Back
- Make Over Your Hair and Makeup for Spring
- Making Sense of Fashion Sense
- Hair Products: Do You Need His-and-hers?
- How to Wear Spring's Pastel Makeup
- Express Beauty: Get Gorgeous in No Time
- Get a Short Hairdo -- or Try One Virtually
- Styling a Ponytail Video
- Quick Ways to Create Texture and Volume Video
- Makeup Trend: Orange Lipstick
- Spring's Must-have Statement Jewelry
- Four Steps to a New Spring Look
- Four Ways to Fake Great Legs
- Celebrity Hair Comeback: The Farrah Flip
- The Modern Smoky Eye
- Beauty From the Inside Out
- Celebrity Style: Best Oscar Hair
- Kate Middleton: Royal Wedding Beauty
- Amanda Peet's Beauty Secrets
- Mix-and-match Your Wardrobe for Spring
- Switch up Your Hair Care Routine
- Find the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
- New Bang Trend: Center-parted Bangs
- Your Guide to Face Primers
- Simple Ways to Touch up Hair and Makeup
- Get Inspired by Fashion Icons
- All About the Gel Manicure
- Top Hair and Beauty Trends From the Oscars
- Updo? Can Do!
- Add Shine to Your Hair
- How to Get Gorgeous as You Sleep
- Winter Shorts
- Blond Pixies
- Hair and Makeup Trends: New York Fall Fashion Week
- Hair Trends: Chin-Length Bob
- Kate Walsh's Beauty Tips
- Get a Natural-looking Faux Tan
- The Best Hair and Beauty Trends From the Grammys
- Create Flawless Skin With Concealer
- Best Oscar Makeup
- New York Fashion Week Makeup Forecast
- New Hair Trends for Spring
- Add Color to Your Winter-weather Wardrobe
- Celebrity Hair Trend: Fake-out Hairstyles
- The Most Painless Way to Grow Out a Layered Bob
- How to Choose a Pixie Cut
- Celebrity Makeup for the Oscars
- Simple Steps for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Hot Looks for Date Night
Copyright © 2011 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.