Anti-Frizz Products for Medium - Thick Hair
Anti-Frizz Hair Care
What type of anti-frizz product should I use for my medium-thick hair? Are creams or gels better?
Frizz is without a doubt one of my clients’ top complaints, especially in the summer! But with the right product, it is manageable.
I definitely prefer frizz control creams over gels. Most gels contain a drying agent that can leave hair crispy, hard or dry. I am also a fan of serums, which work on all hair types. A serum can be mixed with creams to control frizz or can be used at the end of a blow-dry to smooth and finish hair and add shine.
Whether you’re using a cream or a serum, the amount you’ll need depends on the thickness and length of your hair. One mistake women often make is not using enough anti-frizz product. They may think the product isn't working when they simply need to use a bit more.
For your medium-thick hair, start with the packaging’s recommended amount, and add to that if your hair is longer. This will ensure it spreads evenly through your hair.
With fine hair, less is more: Less product gives you frizz control without weighing your hair down. People with fine and medium hair should be careful about the amount of serum they use and be sure to evenly distribute it throughout the hair.
For thick or curly hair, use more product. You may want to consider using a diffuser to dry your hair and add an anti-frizz serum to smooth the top.
Regardless of your hair type, prep your hair by using a good boar-bristle brush. Brush your hair before going in the shower and before going to bed at night. This will minimize the pulling and breaking that happens when hair gets tangled, leading to frizz.
- Keep Your Favorite Clothes Looking Like New
- 1980s Style: Take 2
- Get That Look
- What to Pack for a Weekend Getaway
- Beauty Below the Chin
- Anti-Frizz Products for Medium - Thick Hair
- The Right Haircut for Your Personality
- Be a Beautiful Brunette
- Secrets to Getting Gorgeous Hair
- Personalize This Summer's Trends
- Be Product-ive With Your Hair
- Mature Makeup Makeovers
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- Summer Style Rules for Work
- Hot Summer Trends at Cool Prices
- Stop Oily Skin This Summer
- The Boom in Full-figure Bras
- Extreme Hair Makeover: Are You Ready for It?
- Wake up Sleepy Eyes
- Fashion Week Nail Trends
- Protect Your Hair on Vacation
- Simple Ways to Go Green in Your Beauty Routine
- Spa Treatments From Your Kitchen
- Love Your Body in a Bathing Suit
- Six Tricks for Shiny Beautiful Hair
- The Beauty Rules of Order
- Closet Organization Made Easy
- Dress Better Than Your Boyfriend
- Solutions for Oily Hair
- Summer Hair Protection
- How to Build a Year-round Wardrobe
- From the It Bag to the Do-it-your-way Bag
- How to Dye Your Hair at Home
- The Most Gorgeous Hair in Sports
- Pluck Your Eyebrows Like a Pro
- Fashion Runway-Style Hair
- From Neglected to Natural Nails
- Look Fashionable on Any Budget
- Weatherproof Beauty
- Buh-Bye, Bed Head!
- Fight Frizz Before It Starts
- Be Your Best in a Dress
- The DIY Blow dry
- Gorgeous Hair: Getting Most from Conditioners
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- Day-to-night Chic in a Flash
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Beauty SOS
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.