Will & Jada Pinkett Smith
Do you have a significant other on your holiday shopping list this year? I do -- and I have no idea what I’m going to get him.
If you’re in the same gift-challenged situation and need some ideas, let’s take a peek at what kinds of presents the hottest A-list couples have given each other. While some of the prices are out of this world, they just may spark an idea or two.
Let’s begin with what is perhaps the most famous couple of all: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Angelina once gave Brad a heartfelt and costly 200-year-old olive tree for $18,500. The tree symbolized peace -- a prominent sentiment in the charitable duo’s world -- and was planted on their estate in the South of France.
Instead of exchanging birthday gifts one year, Will and Jada Pinkett Smith donated to Charity: Water, a nonprofit organization that brings clean water to developing communities worldwide. Other celebs have created their own gifts: Nick Lachey wrote Vanessa Minnillo a song, and Heidi Klum gave Seal a box of handmade crafts for Valentine’s Day.
Going the cute and fuzzy route, Victoria Beckham gave her husband, David Beckham, a pet bulldog for Christmas last year. The pooch was said to symbolize David’s strong presence on the soccer field.
So, what theme do these celebrity gifts share? Each woman put thought into the gift and made it special for her man. That just goes to show you: Whatever your budget, it really is the thought that counts!
Jeannine Morris is an on-air expert who regularly appears on E!, NBC, CBS, FOX, LXTV and BetterTV. She contributes to Cosmopolitan, iVillage.com, MyGloss.com, Examiner.com and BeautyFeed.com. Morris is the founder and editor in chief of BeautySweetSpot.com.
- Gift Ideas From the Stars
- Moonlighting Pays for Broadway Thespians
- Anderson Cooper Set for New Television Talk Show
- Reality Bug Bites TV Stars of the '80s
- Discovery Channel Aims Higher: Enlightened Reality TV
- If God is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise
- Katrina Kicks Off Tragedy Calendar
- Mad Men
- 8 Kids with 6 Moms? NFL Star Is Shameful
- Inside Nigel Lythgoe's Plans for American Idol
- Will Emmy Finally Gleam for Ann-Margret?
- DeGeneres Leaving 'American Idol': Jennifer Lopez May Be Joining
- 'Gift Ideas From the Stars' - Great Show Set in Not-So-Great Era
- CNN's Larry King to Sign Off: Host Announces His Departure
- C-SPAN Now Reaches 100 Million Homes
- TV Networks Should Rethink Summer Strategy
- Fat Times For Weight-Loss TV Shows
- Grading Network Television Fall Schedules
- 'Lost' Found 'Net Niche: Stoked TV-Centric Blogosphere Fires
- Betty White - What We Can Learn From the Golden Girl
- Why News Is Aimed At Your Emotions
- Police Work and Reality TV: Not a Good Fit
- Media Overreaches As 'Lost' and Other TV Series Finish Up
- Television - Can TV News Be Saved?
- Television - Network News Doing Less with Less
- Television - Chattin' It up With iCarly's Miranda Cosgrove
- Television - Recurring Reality's Faux Sheen
- America Through the Reality Lens
- Television - TV Vets Assess Sitcoms
- Decade of Rapid Change
- TV's Best for 2009: Can't Pick Just 10
- Behind the Scenes at the Food Network
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.