Feel Exhausted? Look Refreshed in 5 Minutes Flat
You may have been up all night running tissues and cold compresses to your child, but you've still got to show up to that staff meeting this morning looking a little more human. In between dispensing doses of cough syrup and medical advice to the babysitter, you can pull off a sophisticated, office-appropriate look in five minutes. Bonus: You may even have time to brew yourself a cup a tea.
Step 1: Get Glowing
Tinted moisturizer camouflages a red nose and dark circles. With your fingers, smooth an illuminating formula over any inconsistencies, patting a little extra at the under-eye area. Do the same on any stress blemishes that may have popped up overnight.
Step 2: Wake up Tired Eyes
First, line the upper lash line; use a deep brown shade for a more natural finish. Then curl lashes and apply two or three coats of volumizing mascara to the upper lashes. (Tip: To avoid clumps, circle the wand as you take it out of the tube, which removes excess formula.) Dab a light-reflecting concealer at the inner corners of your eyes for a wide-awake look.
Step 3: Add a Rosy Flush
Trust me when I say this: A peachy blush stick is every woman's best friend. The color adds a bit of glow to any skin tone. Choose a formula with a hint of shimmer for extra radiance. Apply it to the middle of the cheekbones and at the brow bone; blend in with fingers.
Step 4: Consider Bold Lips
Deep red lips scream confidence. Slick on a lip stain for serious stay-put power. Plus, a true red with blue undertones will also brighten a dull smile.
Step 5: Get Slick
No time to fuss with your blow-dryer or curling iron? Sweep your hair in a chic chignon for instant sophistication. Part your hair down the middle, gather it at the nape of the neck and fasten with a non-slip holder. Divide the ponytail in two sections. Coil the first around the base and fasten with a bobby pin. Repeat with the second section, tucking the ends underneath the elastic. Spritz with a stronghold hairspray.
Step 6: Accessorize
Nothing says pulled-together like a well-cut jacket. Place a black or navy blazer over any top for instant polish, and add a scarf for a pop of color.
- 3 Fall Makeup Products You Need Now!
- 3 Beauty Tricks for Super-shiny Hair
- Secrets to Flawless Foundation
- Best Cures for Puffy Eyes
- Healthy Skin Mistakes Even Smart Women Make
- 5 Daytime Fall Makeup Trends
- Create an At-Home Spa: 4 Simple Spa Recipes
- 5 Must-Have Tools for Flawless Makeup Application
- Feel Exhausted? Look Refreshed in 5 Minutes Flat
- Quick Makeup Routine: 7 Beauty Bag Essentials
- 6 Top Tips for Flawless Hair and Makeup Application
- 5 Makeup Routine Tips to Look Great After the Gym
- The Perfect Jeans Wardrobe
- Avoid the Most Common Skin Care Mistakes
- My DIY Experiments: Hair Conditioner
- Brushes: The Secret to Flawless Makeup
- Summer Hair Protection
- A Better Way to Bronze
- How to Beat Dry Skin
- 5 Steps to a Perfect Faux Tan
- Jeans Alert: Wide-legged Denim Is In
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- What to Pack for Your Summer Getaway
- When to Splurge, When to Save!
- How to Rock a Tank Top
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- The One Secret for Beautiful Skin: Argan Oil
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.