5 Daytime Fall Makeup Trends
Take a cue from nature: As the leaves start to change color, so should your makeup palette.
And this season, fresh faces, strong brows and autumn shades, like jewel-toned eye shadows and wine-colored lips, are having a moment. So consider updating your regular daytime look with one of the following fun fall makeup trends. With my tips, you'll look fresh and gorgeous in no time.
Fall Makeup Trend No. 1: Peacock-shade eye shadow
This summer has been about bright pastels, so I'm excited to transition to the jewel tones of fall. And this season, the shades of a peacock's plume -- emerald green, sapphire blue and amethyst purple -- are popular. Some high-fashion looks have featured a mix of all three!
My favorite way to wear this trend: A new twist on the classic cat-eye. Dip an angled liner brush in water and then into a sapphire-hue shadow. Use as a makeshift eyeliner to get a pop of color without going overboard.
Fall Makeup Trend No. 2: Merlot mouths
The runways for fall featured dark merlot lips. While the colors on the catwalk were uber-bold, you can make the trend wearable for daytime by opting for a rich lip or cheek stain. Instead of swiping on the shade, use a lip brush to paint on a violet-maroon lipstick. Then apply a tissue to your open mouth and lightly peel it away. This takes off a layer of pigment without smudging, creating a much more subtle look.
Fall Makeup Trend No. 3: Understated skin
Forget bronzer and caked-on faces. This autumn's skin regime is all about being fresh-faced and understated. For lighter coverage, skip the concealer and choose the right foundation for your skin type: If your skin is starved for moisture, an oil-based foundation will keep you from cracking. Does your face tend to get shiny? Opt for a water-based product. All skin types will look silky smooth with a silicone-based foundation, but be prepared to blot off shine with a tissue as the day goes on and the silicone resurfaces.
If you're like me and only have uneven skin tone in a few spots, you don't need to slather foundation all over your face. Mix equal parts foundation and a light lotion with the same base ingredient as your foundation (oil for oil-based foundations, water for water-based ones, etc.). Apply this blend to the under-eye area and any red or splotchy patches.
Fall Makeup Trend No. 4: Metallic nails
Metal hues, like gold, silver and bronze, are popular this fall, including shimmery, metallic nail polishes. For a playful daytime look, paint your nails a muted base color. Then accent it with an ore-hue French manicure crescent.
Fall Makeup Trend No. 5: Bold brows
I consider brows the punctuation marks of our faces: They give life to facial expressions and communicate how we're feeling. As someone born with a uni-brow, I was bummed about my luck until Brooke Shields became an icon.
Fortunately, bold brows have come full circle again. It really doesn't take much to follow this fall makeup trend. If you have full brows, keep them defined and groomed; fill in any sparse spots with dark shadow. But if you have pale or slim brows, consider shading them in: Using a folded tissue, follow the edge with a brow marker and draw the shape of the brow you'd like to achieve. Lightly fill in the shape. For even more definition, take a small eyeliner brush and flick in strokes of eyebrow shadow to mimic the shape and direction of your individual brow hairs.
- 3 Fall Makeup Products You Need Now!
- 3 Beauty Tricks for Super-shiny Hair
- Secrets to Flawless Foundation
- Best Cures for Puffy Eyes
- Healthy Skin Mistakes Even Smart Women Make
- 5 Daytime Fall Makeup Trends
- Create an At-Home Spa: 4 Simple Spa Recipes
- 5 Must-Have Tools for Flawless Makeup Application
- Feel Exhausted? Look Refreshed in 5 Minutes Flat
- Quick Makeup Routine: 7 Beauty Bag Essentials
- 6 Top Tips for Flawless Hair and Makeup Application
- 5 Makeup Routine Tips to Look Great After the Gym
- The Perfect Jeans Wardrobe
- Avoid the Most Common Skin Care Mistakes
- My DIY Experiments: Hair Conditioner
- Brushes: The Secret to Flawless Makeup
- Summer Hair Protection
- A Better Way to Bronze
- How to Beat Dry Skin
- 5 Steps to a Perfect Faux Tan
- Jeans Alert: Wide-legged Denim Is In
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- What to Pack for Your Summer Getaway
- When to Splurge, When to Save!
- How to Rock a Tank Top
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- The One Secret for Beautiful Skin: Argan Oil
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.