Aside from the Orlando Magic and the Detroit Pistons, the Toronto Raptors are also interested in acquiring point guard Eric Bledsoe from the Los Angeles Clippers.
According to sources, the talks between the Raptors and Clippers are still in the exploratory stage but Toronto's interest in Bledsoe is said to be significant.
Sources added that the Raptors would try to include Andrea Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe to entice the Clippers, who need a big man who can stretch the floor. Toronto guard could also use guard DeMar DeRozan to tempt the Clippers to give away Bledsoe.
Many believe that the Raptors are prepared to part with DeRozan, who recently signed a $40 million contract extension, in the wake of Rudy Gay's arrival and the front-office change that ushered out Bryan Colangelo and ushered in Masai Ujiri.
Earlier, the Magic and the Pistons expressed interest in acquiring Bledsoe, who will turn restricted free agent in the summer of 2014.
The Magic and Clippers have been discussing the possibility of a trade with Aaron Afflalo and Bledsoe as the principles for the better part of June.
However, those talks began before the Clippers' drawn-out hiring of Doc Rivers as their new coach and senior vice president of basketball operations.
After his hiring, Rivers has indicated he'd like to keep Bledsoe around if possible as Chris Paul's backup.
The Clippers are operating under the assumption that Paul will sign a maximum five-year extension after they hired Rivers.
Last season, Bledsoe averaged a career-best 8.5 points in 76 games with the Clippers.
- Rockets Land Free-Agent Center Dwight Howard
- Warriors Obtain Andre Iguodala after Losing out on Dwight Howard
- Spurs Sign Marco Belinelli, Set to Lose Gary Neal to Free Agency
- Kings Trade Tyreke Evans to Pelicans in Three-Team Deal
- Standout Sixth-man J.R. Smith to Stay with Knicks
- Al Jefferson Agrees to Three-Year deal with Bobcats
- Butler's Brad Stevens Debuts in NBA as Celtics Head Coach
- Eric Bledsoe goes to Suns, J.J. Redick to Clippers in 3-team trade
- Raptors Forward Andrea Bargnani Headed to Knicks
- Raptors Express Interest in Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe
- Bernie Bickerstaff joins Cavs as assistant coach
- Heat's Ray Allen exercises $3.2-M player option
- Nets Acquire Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce from Celtics in Blockbuster
- Cavs Take Canadian Anthony Bennett with Top NBA 2013 Draft Pick
- NBA Champion Heat to bring back Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller
- Doc Rivers Gets Fresh Start as Clippers Coach
- Jazz Owner Shares Notes on Jerry Sloan - Deron Wlliams Dispute
- Nuggets Give Brian Shaw his First NBA Head Coaching Gig
- Grizzlies Promote Assistant Dave Joerger as Head Coach
- Heat celebrate second straight NBA title with parade
- Clippers Finally Lure coach Doc Rivers from Celtics
- Heat 2-1 Favorites to Three-Peat Next Season
- Kobe Bryant persuading Dwight Howard to stay with Lakers
- LeBron James leads Heat to second straight NBA title
- LeBron James, Ray Allen star as Heat force Game 7
- Kobe Bryant Hopes to Surpass Michael Jordan's Six NBA Championships
- Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili shine as Spurs take Game 5
- Nuggets Name Tim Connelly New General Manager
- Trade Doctoring: Clips Keep Eric Bledsoe Out of Deal with Celtics
- Spurs Veteran Manu Ginobili Ponders Retirement
- Nets Hire Jason Kidd over Brian Shaw as Coach
- Danny Green, Gary Neal Star as Spurs take Game 3
- Pistons Hire Maurice Cheeks as Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Memorabilia Issue Ironed Out
- Dennis Rodman Paints Unflattering Portrait of LeBron
- Drop the Act: NBA to Increase Flopping Fines