The Denver Nuggets have named Tim Connelly as general manager, replacing Masai Ujiri, who moved to the Toronto Raptors.
"We are extremely excited to have Tim join the Denver Nuggets organization," team president Josh Kroenke said. "He comes from a great basketball background, possesses an incredibly strong work ethic and is a wonderful person.
"His passion and energy for the game of basketball are contagious and I am confident that he will be a great fit with us in Denver," Kroenke added.
Before joining the Nuggets, the 36-year-old Connelly worked for three seasons with the New Orleans Pelicans as assistant general manager. His duties included scouting, draft preparation, trade negotiations and player contracts.
Prior to New Orleans, Connelly spent 10 years with the Washington Wizards organization, rising to director of player personnel, overseeing scouting, salary cap and database management, player evaluation and other front office duties.
"I want to thank the Kroenke family for this incredible opportunity and for putting their faith in me to help lead the Nuggets to new heights," said Connelly, whose official position will be executive vice president of basketball operations.
"I am also very grateful to Dell and the Pelicans organization and want to thank them for preparing me for this next chapter in my career. I am looking forward to building on the strong foundation that has already been established in Denver," he added.
The Nuggets will introduce Connelly at a press conference later in the week.
- Rockets Land Free-Agent Center Dwight Howard
- Warriors Obtain Andre Iguodala after Losing out on Dwight Howard
- Spurs Sign Marco Belinelli, Set to Lose Gary Neal to Free Agency
- Kings Trade Tyreke Evans to Pelicans in Three-Team Deal
- Standout Sixth-man J.R. Smith to Stay with Knicks
- Al Jefferson Agrees to Three-Year deal with Bobcats
- Butler's Brad Stevens Debuts in NBA as Celtics Head Coach
- Eric Bledsoe goes to Suns, J.J. Redick to Clippers in 3-team trade
- Raptors Forward Andrea Bargnani Headed to Knicks
- Raptors Express Interest in Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe
- Bernie Bickerstaff joins Cavs as assistant coach
- Heat's Ray Allen exercises $3.2-M player option
- Nets Acquire Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce from Celtics in Blockbuster
- Cavs Take Canadian Anthony Bennett with Top NBA 2013 Draft Pick
- NBA Champion Heat to bring back Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller
- Doc Rivers Gets Fresh Start as Clippers Coach
- Jazz Owner Shares Notes on Jerry Sloan - Deron Wlliams Dispute
- Nuggets Give Brian Shaw his First NBA Head Coaching Gig
- Grizzlies Promote Assistant Dave Joerger as Head Coach
- Heat celebrate second straight NBA title with parade
- Clippers Finally Lure coach Doc Rivers from Celtics
- Heat 2-1 Favorites to Three-Peat Next Season
- Kobe Bryant persuading Dwight Howard to stay with Lakers
- LeBron James leads Heat to second straight NBA title
- LeBron James, Ray Allen star as Heat force Game 7
- Kobe Bryant Hopes to Surpass Michael Jordan's Six NBA Championships
- Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili shine as Spurs take Game 5
- Nuggets Name Tim Connelly New General Manager
- Trade Doctoring: Clips Keep Eric Bledsoe Out of Deal with Celtics
- Spurs Veteran Manu Ginobili Ponders Retirement
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade Star as Heat Win Game 4
- Nets Hire Jason Kidd over Brian Shaw as Coach
- Danny Green, Gary Neal Star as Spurs take Game 3
- Pistons Hire Maurice Cheeks as Head Coach
- Kobe Bryant Memorabilia Issue Ironed Out
- Heat Pull Away in Second Half, Rout Spurs in Game 2
- Dennis Rodman Paints Unflattering Portrait of LeBron
- Drop the Act: NBA to Increase Flopping Fines
- Tony Parker Powers Spurs Past Heat in Game 1
- Nuggets Part Ways with Coach George Karl
- Kobe will Make Effort to Keep Dwight Howard with Lakers
- Jason Kidd Retires after 19 NBA seasons
- Grizzlies Allow Coach Lionel Hollins to Talk to Other Teams
- Grant Hill Retires after 19 NBA Seasons
- Pacers Center Roy Hibbert Faces Hefty Fine for Homosexual Slur
- GM Masai Ujiri Chooses Raptors over Nuggets
- Larry Drew Shifts Coaching Job from Hawks to Bucks
- Chris Paul Mad at Clippers for Blaming Him for Coach's Firing
- Ex-Warriors Assistant Mike Malone to Coach Kings
- ESPN's Jalen Rose Ranks Tony Parker Third-Best Player in NBA
- NBA Title Worth Millions for Winning Team
- Tony Parker Carries Spurs Past Grizzlies into 2013 NBA Finals
- Bobcats Hire Steve Clifford as Head Coach
- Hawks Hire Spurs Assistant Mike Budenholzer as Head Coach
- Dirk Nowitzki Willing to Take Pay Cut to Give Mavs Salary-Cap Room