Kobe Bryant Opposes Gay Slur on Twitter
Los Angeles, CA
Kobe Bryant admonished a Twitter follower for using a homophobic insult toward another fan.
He said he doesn't approve using "your gay" as a put down and asked that it be deleted.
When another follower reminded him about his gay slur in April that warranted a $100,000 fine from the NBA, Bryant admitted it wasn't cool and was ignorant on his part.
"I own it and learn from it and expect the same from others," Bryant tweeted.
The Lakers star was caught on national television reacting with a gay remark after he was slapped with a technical foul by referee Bennie Adams in a game against the Spurs.
NBA commissioner David Stern called his demeanor "offensive and inexcusable."
Bryant apologized a day later, saying that he did not mean to offend anyone.
- Knicks' Amare Stoudemire to Undergo Knee Surgery; Out Six Weeks
- 55-foot Buzzer Beater Makes Prep Player Instant Celebrity
- Jason Kidd Adjusting to Role off Knicks bench
- Spurs May Lose Top Spot with Tony Parker Injury
- Sixers center Andrew Bynum suffers another setback in knee rehab
- Lakers Center Dwight Howard Eyes 2016 Olympics
- LeBron to Stop Warm-up Dunks, Won't Join Contest
- Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman finds new friend in North Korean leader
- Heat's Ray Allen Sees Acting Career on Horizon
- Julian Newman, Fifth Grade Basketball Phenom
- Mike Krzyzewski to Step Down as US Hoops Team Mentor
- Thunder Sign Veteran Playmaker Derek Fisher
- NBA Trade Deadline Surprises
- Knicks Sign Kenyon Martin to 10-day Contract
- Magic Trade Redick Plus Two Teammates to Bucks for Trio of Players
- Celtics Trade Barbosa and Collins for Wizards Jordan Crawford
- Lakers Hope Dwight Howard is Center of Team's Future
- Shaq Unplugged: Dwight's Struggles, Buss
- Magic Johnson: Cavs Guard Kyrie Irving Becoming a Superstar
- Kings Give Up on Thomas Robinson, Deal Rookie to Rockets
- A Message to Michael Jordan on his 50th
- Doubting Thomas: Isiah Favors LeBron Over MJ as Athlete
- Paul and Durant Carry West to Close Win Over East
- Raptors Terrence Ross Rules NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- NBA Players Union Fires Billy Hunter as Executive Director
- Turkoglu Suspended 20 Games for Steroid Use
- Kobe Bryant Opposes Gay Slur on Twitter
- 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved