Knicks Sign Kenyon Martin to 10-day Contract
New York, NY
The New York Knicks have signed Kenyon Martin signed to a 10-day contract.
The 12-year veteran averaged 5.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and one block in 22.4 minutes over 42 games with the Los Angeles Clippers last season.
Knicks General Manager Glen Grunwald described Martin as a great competitor and a versatile defender who could defend three positions.
Martin, 35, will take the spot vacated after Ronnie Brewer was sent to Oklahoma City for a second-round pick.
Grunwald said he's hopeful that Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby can return this season from foot injuries but called Martin an "insurance".
Both players returned to practice Tuesday, but there is no specific timetable for either player's return.
The Knicks, second in the Eastern Conference at 32-19, have struggled to defend both the perimeter and thepaint for much of the season. They hope to extend their agreement with Martin through the end of the season.
- Knicks' Amare Stoudemire to Undergo Knee Surgery; Out Six Weeks
- 55-foot Buzzer Beater Makes Prep Player Instant Celebrity
- Jason Kidd Adjusting to Role off Knicks bench
- Spurs May Lose Top Spot with Tony Parker Injury
- Sixers center Andrew Bynum suffers another setback in knee rehab
- Lakers Center Dwight Howard Eyes 2016 Olympics
- LeBron to Stop Warm-up Dunks, Won't Join Contest
- Ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman finds new friend in North Korean leader
- Heat's Ray Allen Sees Acting Career on Horizon
- Julian Newman, Fifth Grade Basketball Phenom
- Mike Krzyzewski to Step Down as US Hoops Team Mentor
- Thunder Sign Veteran Playmaker Derek Fisher
- NBA Trade Deadline Surprises
- Knicks Sign Kenyon Martin to 10-day Contract
- Magic Trade Redick Plus Two Teammates to Bucks for Trio of Players
- Celtics Trade Barbosa and Collins for Wizards Jordan Crawford
- Lakers Hope Dwight Howard is Center of Team's Future
- Shaq Unplugged: Dwight's Struggles, Buss
- Magic Johnson: Cavs Guard Kyrie Irving Becoming a Superstar
- Kings Give Up on Thomas Robinson, Deal Rookie to Rockets
- A Message to Michael Jordan on his 50th
- Doubting Thomas: Isiah Favors LeBron Over MJ as Athlete
- Paul and Durant Carry West to Close Win Over East
- Raptors Terrence Ross Rules NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- NBA Players Union Fires Billy Hunter as Executive Director
- Turkoglu Suspended 20 Games for Steroid Use
- Kobe Bryant Opposes Gay Slur on Twitter
- 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue
- Bobcats Ben Gordon Dangled for Nets Kris Humphries
- Bulls Carlos Boozer for Raptors Andrea Bargnani Trade Explored
- New Ownership Group Files to Relocate Sacramento Kings to Seattle
- Dwight Howard Seeks to Salvage Season with Lakers
- Reggie Evans: Comments on LeBron, Heat Blown Out of Proportion
- Grizzlies Trade Forward Rudy Gay to Raptors
- Allen Iverson Rejects Offer from D-League Texas Legends
- Duncan and Harden Among Top Reserves Selected to NBA All-Star Game
- New Orleans Name Change to Pelicans Also Has Charlotte Buzzing
- Forbes Rates Knicks as Highest Valued NBA Team
- 7th Grader Becomes Sporting Superstar Knocking Down Treys
Copyright © 2013 AHN. All rights reserved