Higher FDIC Deposit Guarantee Extended to 2013
I walked into the bank lobby to deposit a check the other day and saw a big sign meant to reassure customers about
Unfortunately, the sign actually misled them.
"Deposits guaranteed by
Which got me thinking: If banks are giving out wrong information, no wonder so many people don't know about the new law.
I am talking a law
Despite this important new action by
"Consumers who like the safety and security of federally insured certificates of deposit will be interested in the new law," said
I'm happy to do so because, overshadowed by almost around-the-clock news about the ailing auto industry, the extended
But with the extended deadline, "if you (or your family) have
As the newsletter points out, you may actually qualify for more than the basic insurance coverage at one insured bank because the
Also, certain retirement accounts, including bank IRA deposits, will continue to be protected separately up to
- 10 Tips for When Your Unemployment Checks Stop
- New Student Loan Repayment Plan Is Based on Borrower's Income
- Cheap Eats: Experts Share Tips on Cutting Your Food Bill
- Women Face High Risk of Outliving Their Money
- The Benefits of Biking to Work Keep Adding Up
- Innovative Financial Web Sites & Tools Well Worth a Look
- Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure Act passed by Congress
- Higher FDIC Deposit Guarantee Extended to 2013
- Now Is the Time to Make Sure Financial Arrangements Are in Order
Personal Finances - Higher FDIC Deposit Guarantee Extended to 2013
(c) 2009 TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.