Conservatives Must Force an Open Convention
I hope so.
We are starting to see the real
He is not a moderate. He is a liberal. Period.
This is his history. When he was governor of
If Santorum and Gingrich truly support conservatism, they must unite to deny Romney the nomination. Gingrich wants this. Santorum apparently does not.
As of right now, Romney has 563 delegates. He is just under half of what he needs. There are 1,273 delegates remaining of which Romney needs 600 or so. The math is not good but it is still doable.
For conservatives, we desperately need Santorum and Gingrich to unite to stop Romney. Romney's campaign is already hinting that he is going to move significantly to the left as soon as the nomination is sewn up. His communications director, Eric Fehrnstorm said on
We conservatives need to demand that Gingrich and Santorum unite to make certain Romney does not win the nomination and we force an open convention. The results of an open convention may not be great but they are better than having Romney as a nominee. We conservatives need to demand the
Read the latest political news.
- The Crisis in Public Morality
- Where's The Hope?
- Rising Economic Tide Lifts Obama's Fortunes
- Politics: A Never-Ending Game of 'Hot Potato'
- Why Older Citizens are More Likely to Vote
- Ryan's Budget Plan Could Cause Problems Within Both Parties
- Re-election Could Put Obama in Top 4 All-Time
- Obama Deserves Credit for the Recovery
- How Obama Could Have Better Fixed the Economy
- Obama's Policies Have Not Turned the Economy Around
- Obama's American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Has Been a Success
- President Obama's Policies Revived the Economy
- Obama Has Tried All the Wrong Policies
- Mitt Romney Should Pick Mainstream VP
- Even Beloved Bob McDonnell Can't Save Romney in Virginia
- Misplaying the Political Game
- Mitt Romney's Sad Search for Authenticity
- Mitt Romney's Hispanic Problem is Serious
- Woman Troubles: The GOP's Bizarre Quarrel with Reality
- How the GOP Can Woo Women Voters
- The Trap of Nation Building
- Job-Killing Tax Breaks
- False Comparisons
- What now for Republicans?
- Brokered GOP Convention Would Ensure a Second Obama Term
- Rick Santorum Could Use Convention Influence to be Romney's VP Pick
- Brokered Convention Improbable, Even If Superdelegates Get Floor
- Conservatives Must Force an Open Convention
- Obama's Teleprompter: The GOP's Dumbest Attack
- Mitt Romney: In Search of Authenticity
- The Federalist Solution
- Pumping Gas Prices for All They're Worth
- Democracy: A Right, Not a Luxury
- Obama's Super, Super PAC
- Rush Limbaugh and the Live Volcano
- Hate Groups Spread Lies and Kill Cops
- Why Newt Gingrich Stays In
- A National Primary Wouldn't Work
- We Need to Re-imagine Our Democracy
- The Current Primary System Promotes Deliberation
- Tough Primary Battles Forge More Resilient Nominees
- Bruce Springsteen Captures The State of America
- What's Good for the CEO May Be Bad for Business
- Stock Market Picks 90 Percent of Presidential Elections
- Twitter Mentality a Threat to America
- God and Caesar in America
- The God Gap
- When the Senate Worked
- The Congressional Thaw
- Failed Highway Bill Shows Just How Fanatical GOP Has Become
- Starving Public Universities Shrinks the Middle Class
Conservatives Must Force an Open Convention | Politics
Copyright © 2012 Tribune Media Services