I must admit I've never believed that a continent could act like a country.
Can you imagine, for example, if
Yes, an EU makes traveling in
But is it worth it in times of economic woes?
Europeans will have to figure that out as they come up with a way to come out of this mess as one economic
There's no talk of disbanding the EU, nor would it even be wise at this point as there are trade
agreements, financial commitments (such as the EU's pledge to spend
But I'll bet you a large pile of Euros that Europeans are giving second thoughts to whether this was a good idea in the first place.
- Expeditionary Economics: Spurring Growth After Conflicts and Disasters
- Why More Diplomacy Won't Keep the Financial System Safe
- Muddling through Greece's Tremors
- Greece Financial Crisis Raises Doubts About European Union
- Bigger Is Better: Case for Transatlantic Economic Union
- European Union: A Fragile Partnership
- Goldman Sachs Testimony Boost for Financial Reform
- A Culture of Criminality on Wall Street
- Greek Debt Crisis May Hurt Latin America Economy
- Why April's Unemployment Rise Shows Workers Hopeful Again
- Smart Moves for Tomorrow's Higher Interest Rates
- Still the Optimist
- The Global Glass Ceiling: Why Empowering Women Is Good for Business
- Life in the Age of 'Much Worse Than We Thought It Would Be'
- What 3.2 Percent GDP Growth Says About Our Contradictory Economy
- Congress Had a Role in the Financial Crisis
- Just a Few Questions for the SEC
- Financial Crisis - Somebody Must Pay!
- Is Latin America Booming? Not Quite Yet
- Guns vs. Butter 2010
- Your Guide to the Goldman Sachs Lawsuit
- Can SEC Beat Goldman Sachs?
- Time to Break up the Big Banks
- Resisting Wall Street Reform
- Shorting The Middle Class: The Real Wall Street Crime
- Obama Edge on Financial Reform
- 10 Cities Facing Double Whammy of Default Risks
- Capitalism vs. Capitalists
- Business Schools' Great Ethics Debate
- Fear Factor: Swine Flu, Nuclear Weapons, Reacting to Doom
- 10 Problems With the Income Tax
- Flat Tax Is Class Warfare
- Eliminate Tax Brackets and Complicated Forms With Flat Tax
- Summer Gas Prices to Spike but Not to Record Highs
- Income Investors Face Challenges as Economy Shifts
- Contrarian Investors Target Promising Out-of-Favor Stocks
Greece Financial Crisis Raises Doubts About European Union
(c) 2010 U.S. News & World Report