Yankees Star A-Rod Travels To Germany For Knee Treatment
New York, NY
New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez flew to Germany in an attempt to fully recover from his nagging knee and shoulder injury, team general manager Brian Cashman confirmed.
Cashman said Rodriguez followed friend and Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant's advise to travel to Germany and get Orthokine therapy on his bummed right knee and left shoulder.
Just weeks before the start of the season, Bryant also flew to Germany and received an Orthokine therapy, a procedure that requires extraction of a certain protein from the patient's own blood and injecting the mix into the affected area.
Cashman added the Major League Baseball and WADA allowed this kind of treatment and expected his prized slugger to reach tip-top shape before spring training.
The 36-year-old slugger has been struggling with his swing since undergoing surgery on his right knee last July.
Rodriguez recorded just 19 homers in 99 games and was a non-factor in the Yankees' division series playoff loss to the Detroit Tigers.
- Padres Boost Lineup with Newly Acquired Carlos Quentin
- Pujols Deal With Angels Backloaded So Team Could Sign C.J. Wilson
- Red Sox Acquire RHP Bailey, OF Sweeney from Athletics
- Yankees Star A-Rod Travels To Germany For Knee Treatment
- Nationals Acquire Lefthander Gio Gonzalez from A's
- Carlos Beltran, Cards Agree to Two-Year, $26 Million Pact
- Rangers Win Rights to Japanese Pitcher Yu Darvish
- Brewers Win Norichika Aoki Bid Rights
- Phillies Ink Jimmy Rollins to 3-year, $33 Million Pact
- Rockies, Michael Cuddyer Agree on Three-Year Pact
- Barry Bonds Avoids Jail: Sentenced To House Arrest, Probation
- Angels Swoop In: Sign Slugger Albert Pujols and Pitcher C.J. Wilson
- Rays, Lefty Pitcher Matt Moore Agree to Five-Year Pact
- Red Sox Slugger David Ortiz Reportedly Accepts Arbitration
- White Sox Deal Reliever Santos to Jays for Pitching Prospect Molina
- Cubs Third Baseman Ron Santo Finally Elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Jose Reyes Agrees to Contract with Marlins
- Marlins Add Closer Heath Bell to Bullpen
- Jonathan Broxton Signing Bolsters Royals Bullpen
- New MLB Labor Deal to Include HGH Testing
Copyright © 2011 AHN - All Rights Reserved