Suarez Nets Pair as Liverpool Blanks Sunderland
Luis Suarez scored twice and Liverpool continued their winning ways after blanking Sunderland, 3-0, in their English Premier League match at Anfield.
Liverpool has some momentum and it's mainly because of the stellar play of Suarez. The Uruguayan striker scored in the 26th and 52nd minute to rack up his goal tally to 15 points, making him the productive striker for Liverpool since Fernando Torres tallied 18 in 2009-2010 season.
Raheem Sterling opened the floodgates for the Reds after scoring a wonderful goal in the 19th minute and the rest is history as Liverpool captured two consecutive victories and improved to 8-7-6 (31 points).
Also, Queens Park Rangers stunned the red-hot Chelsea behind a goal by Shaun Wright-Phillips in the 78th minute.
The Blues are coming off a four-game winning streak before this shocking loss at Stamford Bridge.
Lastly, Everton bested New Castle United 2-1 behind a go-ahead rally from Victor Anichebe in the 60th minute. New Castle drew first blood with an early strike from Papiss Demba Cisse in the 2nd minute, but Everton came through with an equalizer on a wonderful goal from Leighton Baines just before the end of the first half.
The second half featured a defensive tussle between the two teams but Everton got the upperhand after Anichebe sneaked in the eventual game-winning tally. Everton improved to 9-9-3 with 36 points while New Castle slipped to 5-5-11 with 20 points.
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers hailed his side's 'fantastic' 3-0 victory over Sunderland in the Premier League
'Fantastic' Liverpool Delight Rodgers
- Van Persie, Vidic Goals Lead Manchester United Past Liverpool
- Real Madrid Settles for Scoreless Draw with Osasuna
- Michu, Graham Score as Swansea Tops Chelsea in Capital One Cup
- Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Title for Fourth Straight Time
- Liverpool Holds Off Mansfield Town to Advance in FA Cup
- Van Persie Late Goal Lifts Man United into Tie with West Ham
- Mets Interested in Hosting MLS Squad at Citi Field
- Suarez Nets Pair as Liverpool Blanks Sunderland
- Manchester United Begins 2013 on Winning Note, Blanks Wigan 4-0
- Lampard Lifts Chelsea Over Everton
- Wigan Blasts Aston Villa 3-0
- Swansea Draws United; Chelsea Batters Villa
- Stoppage Time Goal Powers Manchester City Over Reading
- Chelsea Dominates Leeds United in FL Cup Quarterfinals
- Lionel Messi Extends Barcelona Deal Until 2018
- Cazorla Hat Trick Powers Arsenal Past Reading
- Manchester City Tops Newcastle in Premier League
- Premier League, Top Soccer Clubs Acting Soft Over Racial Issues
- Van Persie's Clutch Goal Lifts United over City in Manchester Derby
- Messi Sets Record for Most Goals Scored in Calendar Year
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved