Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
Green Bay, WI
Aaron Rodgers threw for 274 yards and a touchdown while fullback John Kuhn tallied two scores as the Green Bay Packers defeated a depleted Minnesota Vikings side, 24-10, in the NFC wild-card game Saturday at Lambeau Field.
Rodgers completed 23 of 33 passes and hit a playoff record 10 receivers while running back DuJuan Harris had 47 yards on 17 carries as the Packers advanced to the divisional round against the San Francisco 49ers next Saturday at Candlestick Park.
Rodgers also became the first Packers quarterback to win a playoff game at Lambeau Field not named Brett Favre since Lynn Dickey in 1982 postseason.
With the win, the Packers avenged their 37-34 season-ending loss to the Vikings and got an opportunity to get back at the 49ers, who defeated Green Bay, 30-22, in its opening game.
The Packers win was aided by the loss of starting quarterback Christian Ponder to an elbow injury he sustained in the victory over Green Bay last week.
Joe Webb started in Ponder's place but completed just 11 of 30 passes for 180 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He was also sacked three times by the Packers' defense.
Webb became the first quarterback in 20 years to start a playoff game without starting any games during that regular season since Frank Reich did so for Buffalo. Reich, however, led the Bills to their famous comeback victory over Houston in 1993.
The Packers defense also successfully limited rushing champion Adrian Peterson to just for 99 yards. Peterson rushed for 199 and 210 yards in the Vikings' first two games against the Packers.
The Viking struck first in the first quarter with Blair Walsh burying a 33-yard field goal but Harris responded with a nine-yard run to put the Packers ahead, 7-3.
In the second period, Mason Crosby hit a 20-yard field goal and Kuhn added a three-yard run for a 17-3 Green Bay lead at the break.
In the third, Kuhn caught a nine-yard touchdown pass from Rodgers to extend the Packers lead to 24-3.
The Vikings finally put a touchdown on the board when Webb hit Michael Jenkins with a 50-yard touchdown pass for the final score.
- Tom Brady Says Patriots Can Adjust Minus Injured Tight End Rob Gronkowski
- Ravens Linebacker Ayanbadejo Sparks 'Word War' with Patriots
- Tom Brady and Shane Vereen Lead Patriots Back to AFC Title Game
- Matt Bryant Field Goal Lifts Falcons Over Seahawks into NFC Title Game
- Colin Kaepernick Leads 49ers Past Packers into NFC Title Game
- 'Flacco Fling' Helps Ravens Stun Broncos
- Nate Silver Picks Seahawks vs Patriots for Super Bowl XLVII
- Ex-Jets Assistant Mike Westhoff Says Tim Tebow Situation a 'Mess'
- Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Ex-Panthers Assistant Rob Chudzinski Gets Browns Coaching Job
- Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Bruce Irvin Gets Start vs Falcons
- Mike Mularkey Out as Jaguars Coach
- Cowboys Hire Defensive Coordinator
- Eagles Interested in Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly
- Mike Pettine Hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator
- Chargers Name Tom Telesco New General Manager
- Ex-Falcons Personnel Director David Caldwell Named Jaguars GM
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Packers at 49ers
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Seahawks at Falcons
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Ravens at Broncos
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Texans at Patriots
- Cowboys Dismiss Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator
- Tony Sparano Out as New York Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Robert Griffin III Suffered Partial Tear of Two Ligaments in Right Knee
- Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Boldin and Flacco Carry Ravens Past Colts in AFC Wild-Card Game
- Bills Select Syracuse's Doug Marrone as New Head Coach
- Chip Kelly to Stay with Oregon
- Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Arian Foster Lifts Texans to AFC Wild-Card Win Over Bengals
- Post Lovie Smith, Bears Eye CFL's Marc Trestman as Head Coach
- Panthers Retain Ron Rivera as Head Coach
- Chiefs Reach Agreement with Andy Reid as Next Head Coach
- LSU Safety Eric Reid To Forego Senior Year, Enter NFL Draft
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
- NFL 'Super Season' Kicks Off
- Best NFL Playoff Performances
- What to Look For: Wild Card Weekend
- Chiefs Expected to Hire Andy Reid as Head Coach
- Kansas City Chiefs Hold First Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL 2012 Regular Season in Review
- 2012 NFL Records and Milestones
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Retire After 17 Years
- 49ers Seek Alternative to Kicker Akers, Waive Jacobs
- Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
- Chargers Dismiss Head Coach Norv Turner, GM AJ Smith
- Cardinals Fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Bears Fire Coach Lovie Smith
- Eagles Fire Longtime Coach Andy Reid
- Jets Fire GM Mike Tannenbaum
- Rookies Carry Redskins Over Cowboys to NFC East Title
- Josh Freeman Guides Buccaneers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Titans Set NFL Record for Touchdown Returns in Win Over Jaguars
- Jets to Dismiss Offensive Coordinator Tony Sparano
- Browns to Fire Shurmur, Heckert after Steelers Showdown
- Sean Payton Agrees to Five-Year Deal with Saints
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Denies Report He Would Welcome Firing
Copyright © 2013 iHaveNet.com