Titans Set NFL Record for Touchdown Returns in Win Over Jaguars
The Tennessee Titans ended their disappointing season with a bang, becoming the first team to have two interceptions and two punts returned for touchdowns in their 38-20 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday at LP Field.
The Titans (6-10) trailed 14-7 before scoring four consecutive touchdowns on returns with linebacker Zach Brown scoring twice on interception returns and Darius Reynaud adding a pair of touchdowns on punt returns.
The Titans thus became the first team in NFL history with two punt return touchdowns and two interception return touchdowns in the same game.
They also became only the second team in NFL history with four total return touchdowns in a game, since the Seattle Seahawks accomplished it on Nov. 4, 1984 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Reynaud also became the first player in Titans' franchise history to return two punts for touchdowns.
Brown tied the NFL record for interception return touchdowns in a game and became the third player in franchise history to accomplish the feat, joining Miller Farr (Dec. 7, 1968) and Ken Houston (Dec. 19, 1971).
Jake Locker completed nine of 15 passes for 152 yards but had no touchdown while running back Chris Johnson rushed for 56 yards on 21 carries and a score for the Titans, who won just three of their last nine games.
Chad Henne hit 25 of 41 passes for 298 yards but issued three interceptions as the Jaguars suffered their 13th loss this season, breaking the team's previous worst record of 4-12 from 1995, which was their first season in the NFL.
With another losing season, it was reported that the Jaguars will fire general manager Gene Smith but the fate of coach Mike Mularkey is still up in the air.
According to sources, the Jaguars would like to keep Mularkey but no final decisions will be made until Jacksonville hires a new general manager to replace Smith.
- Tom Brady Says Patriots Can Adjust Minus Injured Tight End Rob Gronkowski
- Ravens Linebacker Ayanbadejo Sparks 'Word War' with Patriots
- Tom Brady and Shane Vereen Lead Patriots Back to AFC Title Game
- Matt Bryant Field Goal Lifts Falcons Over Seahawks into NFC Title Game
- Colin Kaepernick Leads 49ers Past Packers into NFC Title Game
- 'Flacco Fling' Helps Ravens Stun Broncos
- Nate Silver Picks Seahawks vs Patriots for Super Bowl XLVII
- Ex-Jets Assistant Mike Westhoff Says Tim Tebow Situation a 'Mess'
- Michael Strahan Among 15 Finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Ex-Panthers Assistant Rob Chudzinski Gets Browns Coaching Job
- Seahawks Rookie Defensive End Bruce Irvin Gets Start vs Falcons
- Mike Mularkey Out as Jaguars Coach
- Cowboys Hire Defensive Coordinator
- Eagles Interested in Notre Dame Coach Brian Kelly
- Mike Pettine Hired as Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator
- Chargers Name Tom Telesco New General Manager
- Ex-Falcons Personnel Director David Caldwell Named Jaguars GM
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Packers at 49ers
- NFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Seahawks at Falcons
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Ravens at Broncos
- AFC Divisional Playoffs Preview: Texans at Patriots
- Cowboys Dismiss Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator
- Tony Sparano Out as New York Jets Offensive Coordinator
- Robert Griffin III Suffered Partial Tear of Two Ligaments in Right Knee
- Seahawks Blast Redskins in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Boldin and Flacco Carry Ravens Past Colts in AFC Wild-Card Game
- Bills Select Syracuse's Doug Marrone as New Head Coach
- Chip Kelly to Stay with Oregon
- Aaron Rodgers Powers Packers Past Vikings in NFC Wild-Card Game
- Arian Foster Lifts Texans to AFC Wild-Card Win Over Bengals
- Post Lovie Smith, Bears Eye CFL's Marc Trestman as Head Coach
- Panthers Retain Ron Rivera as Head Coach
- Chiefs Reach Agreement with Andy Reid as Next Head Coach
- LSU Safety Eric Reid To Forego Senior Year, Enter NFL Draft
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: It's Playoff Time
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Wild Card Weekend Preview: Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins
- NFL 'Super Season' Kicks Off
- Best NFL Playoff Performances
- What to Look For: Wild Card Weekend
- Chiefs Expected to Hire Andy Reid as Head Coach
- Kansas City Chiefs Hold First Pick in 2013 NFL Draft
- NFL 2012 Regular Season in Review
- 2012 NFL Records and Milestones
- Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis to Retire After 17 Years
- 49ers Seek Alternative to Kicker Akers, Waive Jacobs
- Titans Stick with Coach Mike Munchak, Fire GM Mike Reinfeldt
- Chargers Dismiss Head Coach Norv Turner, GM AJ Smith
- Cardinals Fire Ken Whisenhunt, GM Rod Graves
- Bears Fire Coach Lovie Smith
- Eagles Fire Longtime Coach Andy Reid
- Jets Fire GM Mike Tannenbaum
- Rookies Carry Redskins Over Cowboys to NFC East Title
- Josh Freeman Guides Buccaneers to Upset Win Over Falcons
- Titans Set NFL Record for Touchdown Returns in Win Over Jaguars
- Jets to Dismiss Offensive Coordinator Tony Sparano
- Browns to Fire Shurmur, Heckert after Steelers Showdown
- Sean Payton Agrees to Five-Year Deal with Saints
- Jets Coach Rex Ryan Denies Report He Would Welcome Firing
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of 2012 NFL Regular Season
- 2012 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- What to Look For: NFL 2012 Week 17
- Ravens Safety Ed Reed Escapes Suspension, Draws $55K Fine
- Grounded Jet: Critics Dampen Tim Tebow's Christmas
- Ex-Lions Lineman Lomas Brown Regrets Intentionally Missed Block
- Nine 49ers, Eight Texans Selected to Pro Bowl
- Coach Tom Coughlin Wants Giants to Play with Pride
- Debate: NFL 2012 Biggest Disappointments
- Michael Vick Seeks Win, Not Audition, in Upcoming Start
- Jets Start Search for New GM as Mike Tannenbaum on Way Out
- Foles Suffers Broken Hand, Michael Vick to Start Anew for Eagles
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet.com