Green Bay, WI
Matt Flynn threw 31-for-44 for 480 yards and six touchdowns and the Green Bay Packers slipped past the Detroit Lions, 45-41 Sunday at Lambeau Field.
With Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the Packers starters taking a breather for the playoffs, Flynn went went right at the Lions in Sunday's shootout under a freezing playing condition.
The 26-year-old quarterback was on the mark throughout, setting a new franchise record for touchdowns.
Moreover, when the game was on the line, Flynn showed he could handle pressure by delivering the game-winning 4-yard TD pass to Jermichael Finley with 01:10 left.
Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford also had a productive game, going 36-for-59 for 520 yards with 5 TD and 2 interceptions.
Flynn and Stafford became the only opposing quarterbacks to throw at least five touchdowns in a single game and combined for a record-breaking 971 net yards passing.
Lions wideout Calvin Johnson also pulled off a monster game, covering 244 yards on 11 receptions and 1 TD.
However, he fell six yards short of breaking Lions' single-season record for receiving yard set by Herman Moore in 1995.
With the regular season at a close, the Lions (10-6) are headed for their postseason appearance since 1995.
The Packers (15-1) will start to defend their title as they aim to become the first team to win back-to-back Super Bowl championships since the New England Patriots in 2004 and 2005.
- Manning, Cruz Pass Giants Over Cowboys into Playoffs
- In Like Flynn: Backup QB Powers Packers Past Lions
- Vick Leads Eagles Past Redskins For Fourth Straight Victory
- Colt McCoy says he wants to stay with Browns
- Giants Defensive End Osi Umenyiora Returns to Practice
- Patriots, 49ers Rack Up Most Pro Bowlers
- AFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- 2012 NFC Pro Bowl Rosters
- All on the Line in Final Week of Regular Season
- 2011 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 17
- Packers Take Over for Cowboys as America's Team
- Blue Christmas: Brandon Jacobs Lays into Jets after Giants Win
- Victor Cruz, Ahmad Bradshaw Lead Way as Giants Take Down Jets
- Brees Sets NFL Passing Record as Saints Rip Falcons
- Packers Wrap Up Top Seed in NFC
- Chargers Quarterback Not Happy Team will Miss NFL Playoffs Again
- Adrian Peterson Suffers Torn ACL in Vikings Costly Win vs Redskins
- David Akers Nails Game-Winning Field Goal as 49ers Edge Seahawks
- Eagles Handle Cowboys with Ease
- Flacco, Ravens Crush Browns: Close in on AFC North Crown
- Bills Intercept Tebow Four Times, Crush Broncos
- Lions Crush Chargers: Clinch First NFL Playoff Spot Since 1999
- Janikowski Field Goal Gives Raiders OT Win Over Chiefs
- Bengals Jump Out Early, Hold on Late Against Cardinals
- Brady Rallies Patriots Past Dolphins and First-Round Bye in AFC Playoffs
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- AFC Playoff Picture
- NFC Playoff Picture
- NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFL to Stream Super Bowl for First Time
- 49ers Overcome Power Outage and Steelers in Big Win
- Packers Lose, Colts Win on Wild NFL Sunday
- Orton and Succup Deliver Goods: Chiefs End Packers Perfect Season
- Cardinals Push Win Streak to Four with OT Victory Against Browns
- Dolphins Interim Head Coach Todd Bowles Gets First Win
- Romo Sharp: Cowboys Blow Out Bucs
- Playoff Races Heat Up: 22 Teams in Playoff Contention
- NFL to Remain on Broadcast TV
- Matt Ryan, Falcons Rip Jaguars 41-14
- Vikings QB Joe Webb Weaves Magic
- Stafford, Levy Come Through as Lions Pursue Playoff Spot
- Dolphins Fire Head Coach Tony Sparano
Copyright 2011, AHN - All Rights Reserved