Alabama Quarterback AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season
Quarterback AJ McCarron announced his decision to hold his NFL aspiration for a year for a chance to win more titles with the Alabama Crimson Tide in his senior season.
McCarron, who completed 66.8 percent of his passes for 2,669 yards with 26 touchdowns, will again assume the starting signal-caller role for the Crimson Tide next season.
"There were some factors in my decision to return to Alabama for my senior year but after talking to my family and coaches, I knew it was the right choice for me," McCarron said in a statement, according to ESPN.
The Mobile, Alabama Native led the Crimson Tide to a 12-1 record this past season and its second straight BCS Championship game against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in Miami on January 7.
Alabama head coach Nick Saban was pleased with McCarron's decision, believing his quarterback's skills and leadership could help the Crimson Tide win more titles or even fortify their college football dynasty next season.
McCarron's 45 career touchdown and .923 winning percentage ranked second among Crimson Tide quarterbacks all-time.
- Garrett Gilbert Shines, SMU Crushes Fresno State in Hawaii Bowl
- Clutch Field Goals Lift LA-Lafayette to New Orleans Bowl Win
- Bortles Lifts Central Florida Past Ball State in Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl
- Kyle Van Noy leads BYU Over San Diego State in Poinsettia Bowl
- Chicago Prep Basketball Star Jabari Parker Picks Duke
- Stanford Gives Football Coach David Shaw Contract Extension
- Les Miles Most Popular College Football Coach on Twitter
- Gary Andersen Leaves Utah State to Lead Wisconsin Football Program
- Martin and Nix to Stay at Notre Dame for Another Year
- Notre Dame Caught Off-Guard by Seven Schools Bolting Big East
- Jim Boeheim Earns 900th Win as Syracuse Downs Detroit
- Michigan Suspends Trio Ahead of Outback Bowl
- Arizona Bounces Back from 21-Point Deficit, Wins New Mexico Bowl
- Seven Basketball Schools, Including Georgetown, to Leave Big East
- Kliff Kingsbury New Football Coach at Texas Tech
- Alabama Quarterback AJ McCarron to Return for Senior Season
- Bryan Harsin Tabbed Arkansas State Football Coach
- Texas Coach Mack Brown Promotes Wyatt to Co-offensive Coordinator
- Western Kentucky Hires Bobby Petrino as Head Football Coach
- Colorado Tabs Mike MacIntyre as Football Coach
- Frosh Choice: Texas A&M Quarterback Manziel Captures Heisman
- Big Ten Expansion Meant to Keep Penn State
- Alvarez Makes One-Day Coaching Comeback for Wisconsin
- Football Coach Charlie Strong Stays with Louisville
- Darrell Hazell is New Purdue Football Coach
- Football Coach Mike Gundy to Stay at Oklahoma State
- Bielema Takes Arkansas Football Post; Malzahn to Coach Auburn
- Historic, Tight Heisman Trophy Race Between Manziel and Te'o
- Notre Dame and Alabama to Clash for BCS Title
- Ex-Utah Basketball Coach Rick Majerus Dies of Heart Failure at 64
- North Carolina State Hires Dave Doeren as Football Coach
- Oklahoma Shares Big 12 Title with Kansas State
- Hubert, Klein Carry No. 7 Kansas State to Big 12 Title
- Lacy, McCarron Star as Alabama Tops Georgia for SEC Title
- No. 8 Stanford Tops No. 17 UCLA, Clinches Pac-12 Football Title
- Jon Gruden Turns Down Tennessee Coaching Job
- Johnny Football Craze Gets a Soundtrack
- Monte Kiffin to Depart Southern Cal After Bowl Game
- ACC Chooses Louisville over UConn, Cincinnati
- Bill O'Brien to Stay as Penn State Football Coach
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved