Make a Difference (And a Fortune!) Sharing Your Advice
What if you could make money doing what you already know and what you're passionate about doing? We're all experts at something. Everyone has their own abilities, skills and unique life experiences that they can share with others. Why not make a business out of it?
In the following interview,
Take the first steps towards becoming an expert entrepreneur! Ask yourself what topics and audiences:
1. You are passionate about.
2. You want to learn about.
3. You'd like to serve.
Now read this excerpt of my interview with
Q: And I guarantee you, anyone who is reading this or listening to this is saying, "Yes! Yes, this is exactly what I would love to do!" But some of them may be thinking, "Well, okay. I want to do it, but, again, what can I be an expert in?" Do you have any kind of tips or questions people might ask themselves if they're sort of struggling with this idea of their story? Do you have anything that maybe could help them draw out their expertise?
A: Yeah. One of the easiest ways I found, especially in working with a lot of boomers who come to
Every kid in journalism in the world would love to learn how to do that. But that's something you just do. That's what you do, and I would say, "Dude, let's start there. Let's package what you know about being a successful columnist, from how do you get with major media to how do you write great columns, to how do you stay with it, to how do you create user feedback and get the community really engaged with your articles, to how do you get these experts on the phone in the first place?"
Those things that you just do, if you put that together in a DVD program, let's say, for
Listen to the entire interview at www.richerlife.com/2011/05/brendon-burchard-interview/.
Brendon's strategy is a great one: to figure out what it is that you are currently doing and find different ways to make it work for you.
For more career and personal development advice, visit iHaveNet.com Careers
Available at Amazom.com: Great on the Job
- Companies with the Most Older Workers
- 9 Companies Hiring Now
- Find New Law Jobs in a Slow Economy
- Make a Difference (And a Fortune!) Sharing Your Advice
- Business Management the Dog Way
- Healthcare Jobs on the Rise
- Can I Afford to Take a Sabbatical?
- How to Position Yourself to Change Careers
- How to Create Superstar Employees: Beyond Work-Life Balance
- The 10 Worst Cities for Job Seekers
- Hate Your Job? 3 Ways to Find a Better Job
- Alternative Career Options for Burned-Out Lawyers
- Where the Engineering Jobs Are
- Top 25 Companies for Work-Life Balance
- Tips for Communicating Well at Work
- Where the M.B.A. Jobs Are
- Not Too Late to Find a Summer Job or Internship
- When Surviving is Not Enough
- Navigating the Digital Job Market When You're Not Tech Savvy
- What Your Name Says About You in the Workplace
- Yoga Teaching Increasingly Popular as Second Career
- 9 Tips to Stop Caring What Others Think
- When Using Job Boards It Pays to Go Niche
- New Site Helps You Use Facebook for Your Job Search
- Tips to Create More Energy and Confidence
- When Your Dream Company is Hiring on Twitter
- Grads May Find More Jobs at Entrepreneurial Firms
- 3 Steps to Create a More Powerful Self-Image
- Switching Jobs in Bad Times: Should You Make the Leap?
- Extra Income: Bring in the Cash
- Treat Your Career Like a SmartPhone
- And on the Side, I'm an Entrepreneur
- Trouble at the Office
- How to Invest Your Time and Energy for Maximum Success
- Is It Time to Go Back to School?
- A Balanced Life is for Losers
- Thinking of Starting a Business? Look Before You Leap
- The Most Effective Ways to Look for a Job
- The Death of the One-Page Resume?
- Brighter Job Outlook for Class of 2011
- Quitting Fear Inc
- How Morning Exercise Can Boost Your Career
- Women's Day: Life (and Work) Lessons Every Woman Should Learn
- Stop Waiting for Permission
- Proactive Job-Search Strategy: Pitch Your Dream Company
- Cover Letters That Work
- Change Your Life and Create a Personal Revolution
- Taking a New Job Without Burning Bridges at the Old Job
- The Right Job at the Right Time
- The Quickest Way to Radically Improve Your Life: Use Radical Change
- 8 Workplace Perks for New Parents
- Reach Your Goals More Quickly: Use Incremental Change
- What the .Jobs Domain Means for Job Seekers
- Finding the Right Skill Set
- Project Management Tips From the Pros
- 10 Best Cities to Get a Job
- How to Be a Smart Job-Hopper
- How Job Seekers Can Build Their Online Brand
- Take Your Resume to the Next Level: Video
- 5 Smart Tactics for LinkedIn Self-Promotion
- Rise in Social Media Jobs Means Opportunity for Job Seeker
- Want More Clout? Stand Up Straight
- Hang Onto People Who'll Help You Advance
- Best Jobs 2011: Emergency Management Specialist
- 10 Jobs That Offer a Big Bang for Your Buck
- Best Career Advice: 2011
- Career Advice Hits of 2010
- Careful Actions Can Lead to Good Luck
- The Top 50 Companies to Work For
- Never Let Excuses Drag You Down Again
- Why Power Naps at Work Are Catching On
- 6 Steps to Polish Up Your Resume
- 6 Tips for GenY on the Job Hunt
- Be Wary About Chancing a Workplace Romance
Careers - Make a Difference (And a Fortune!) Sharing Your Advice
Copyright © 2011 CBS INTERACTIVE INC. DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES INC.